Parking at Port Canaveral and other MoS help!

krysteen83

Hi all! I am taking my family on RCI Monarch of the Seas on 5/7/12 (4 night). I have been on a cruise before when I was a teenager but because of weather we never made it to port. And this time I am taking my DH, our 15 yr, 8yr children, and my mother :eek: I have a couple of questions, thanks in advance for helping me out!

1. I just checked the fees for parking at Port Canaveral and was disappointed to see that they have started charging for all 5 days of parking, putting my cost at $90. Has anyone used parkncruise? If so were are the vehicles parked- in a garage? How was the shuttle service? I know there are hotels- if I book a room they have shuttle service, but we are driving from home (only a 2 hr drive) so that option doesn't interest me.

2. Should we bring our own snorkel gear for Coco Cay? (Trying to keep costs down!)

3. At Nassau we would like to sightsee Atlantis and the Dig (not the beach or anything at atlantis), tour the pirate museum, and check out the straw market. So my idea is: to buy the tickets for Atlantis through the ship for 1 pm. When we get up that morning, eat, head to the straw market, be back on ship in time to leave for Atlantis, when Atlantis is over take a cab to pirate museum, and cab back to ship. Is that a good plan or am I cutting it too close?

4. I have prepaid tips, and whatever excusions we do I will also pre-pay. We don't really drink (especially at those prices!) but I will be buying the soda cards for the kids. Any idea how much I should budget per person? Not crazy about using my debit card for s&s either since I've read they put a hold on it. Will my cash be ok in my room safe?

Archived