Uh oh...

Simplertimes

So, in June we booked our cruise for January 29th out of New Orleans (we're flying out of Boston). There's 8 of us. At some point in October, we realized the day we come back (Feb 5th) is the day of the Superbowl. With our flight times, in our layover in Atlanta, we should catch the first quarter and make it to Boston to watch the end of the game if we run to a sports bar.

All along, I kept telling everyone that there was no way the Patriots would make it that far because of their defense.

Well, we all know what happened yesterday.....

So, spent time on-line last night seeing how much it would cost to change flights, but too much. Can't even watch it on the plane, because Delta doesn't have Fox. Trying to figure out something with wifi.

So, in June we booked our cruise for January 29th out of New Orleans (we're flying out of Boston). There's 8 of us. At some point in October, we realized the day we come back (Feb 5th) is the day of the Superbowl. With our flight times, in our layover in Atlanta, we should catch the first quarter and make it to Boston to watch the end of the game if we run to a sports bar.

All along, I kept telling everyone that there was no way the Patriots would make it that far because of their defense.

Well, we all know what happened yesterday.....

So, spent time on-line last night seeing how much it would cost to change flights, but too much. Can't even watch it on the plane, because Delta doesn't have Fox. Trying to figure out something with wifi.

Don't worry. You probably won't want to see what's gonna happen anyway...;):D

Set your DVR... don't look at facebook, the internet, the radio or talk to anyone on your phone. Just go home and watch from the beginning. We just did this last night with the Giants game, we DVR'd it and got to fast forward through commercials and half time!

Set your DVR... don't look at facebook, the internet, the radio or talk to anyone on your phone. Just go home and watch from the beginning. We just did this last night with the Giants game, we DVR'd it and got to fast forward through commercials and half time!

Yeah, they are going to get off a plane in Boston and not find out the WHOLE way home who won?? It is Boston, they will know within the first 15 seconds. Either everyone will be crying in Boston, or it will look like New Years in Times Square. LOL

:D

Yeah, they are goling to get off a plane in Boston and not find out the WHOLE way home who won?? It is Boston, they will know within the first 15 seconds. Either everyone will be crying in Boston, or it will look like New Years in Times Square. LOL

Very true!!!!!

Hoping for a blizzard in New England so we're stuck in Atlanta! Would be better to be stuck in New Orleans, but I'm sure any storms won't affect the first leg of our flight.

LOL at the first two posts...I am a Cowboys fan so I will sit back in the background for fear of being ridiculed....that beings said your Pats got lucky, that's what happened LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myra Kraft had a hand in that dropped ball in the end zone, never mind the shanked field goal!

Yeah, they are going to get off a plane in Boston and not find out the WHOLE way home who won?? It is Boston, they will know within the first 15 seconds. Either everyone will be crying in Boston, or it will look like New Years in Times Square. LOL

Headphones on the airplane, head down running through the airport. lol

We kept getting these emails from Carnival for past passengers offering really great deals...especially 1/29/12 on the Conquest...Under $750 for a balcony on deck 9. I swear, as soon as Jay Cutler broke his thumb, we booked the next day. I knew the Bears were toast. A Cruise...."Football misery insurance"

Good luck with your "problem"

If it were me, I'd stop at the sports bar in the airport before heading over to baggage claim, just to see the score. I don't think I could fly all the way home and NOT want to know what the score is!

In the meantime, have it DVR'd. When you get home you could watch the rest of the game on TV!!

If you could get home before the end of the game, I would just rush home and put the game on and watch it from that point.

LET'S GO GIANTS!

Maybe while in Atlanta on your layover, they will ask for volunteers to wait for the NEXT flight and you can watch the game in Atlanta and get free tickets....we are always on the flight that needs volunteers when we can't volunteer.....enjoy your cruise!!

and why anyone would want to dvr the game and fast forward through the commercials? sometimes the commercials are the most entertaining part of the game.

i have no dog in this hunt as my team blew it. but i still love my orange and blue!!! Broncos next year...i'm praying for it!!! :D

i love football.

we leave out of New Orleans the day after the superbowl this year and we were all concerned with the timing before the saints were eliminated. we knew the sb wasn't in NOLA, but everyone else would be in the French Quarter watching/celebrating.

just remember, Superbowl 2013 (FEb 3, 2013) is in NOLA so book early your hotels and flights if you are cruising (crazy if you ask me) unless it's your team.

Archived