Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

bxh165

Thank you as I was tiring of figuring out what to do. You info is very helpful and we are very grateful to you for doing this to help others who are here for good info. Thankful to all who replies as this thread was full of very good information. Thanks so much.

You are welcome. Consequently my conversations directly with the hotel have provided me a name and phone number direct to the concierge who is responsible for sending the shuttles. Her name is Linda and her direct cell number is (954) 648-4540. I asked how long a typical wait was for the shuttle to be picked up from the airpot and she quoted me "less than 18-20 minutes."

Fort Lauderdale is easy. You want to stay in the downtown area, which is very close to the port and the airport. Don't worry about a free shuttle. Taxis are very cheap, and the port may be less than 1 mile away. With a free shuttle, you have schedules, waiting for other passengers, multiple stops, it's not worth it. Even if I had a free shuttle, I would just take a taxi, it's only about $10.

The downtown area also has many restaurants, attractions and a water taxi within walking distance. It's a great and affordable place to extend your vacation a few days. It's nice to have time to unwind before your cruise. I recommend staying more than one night, it's not like Fort Lauderdale is a terrible place to be before your cruise starts.

Fort Lauderdale is the perfect place to utilize Priceline, and I don't know why everybody doesn't do it. In the past we got the 4* Renaissance for about $80, and we got the Embassy Suites for about $70. I feel it is a must to read and understand the information on sites like biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com before you bid. If you don't understand the bidding strategies on those sites, then Priceline is not for you.

I was wondering how long ago you got the Embasy Suites on Priceline. I was told that the one in Fort Lauderdale is not on Priceline any more. Which area and star rating did you bid to get it? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to stay at that hotel.

Thanks,

I was wondering how long ago you got the Embasy Suites on Priceline. I was told that the one in Fort Lauderdale is not on Priceline any more. Which area and star rating did you bid to get it? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to stay at that hotel.

Thanks,

You would be wise not to take info re what other folks paid for hotels seriously. :rolleyes: UNLESS, it is for the exact dates you need. ie.... I can tell you I got a 5 star property for Sept 10 for $100. Whoopee. But on March 4, someone accepts the same hotel for $295. So how does that help you? Look at the going rate for a run of the house room on the dates you need. If peak time, I'd start bidding at 1/3 off. If nonpeak, start at half off.

Head to betterbidding.com and research what people are getting for the dates you need. Embassy Suites is extremely popular during cruise season. So they are most often not offering rooms on the discount sites then.

Archived