Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

bxh165

Hi CC friends.....asking this question for a friend of mine. Any suggestions for hotels close to the cruise terminal. They are only there for one night. Thanks for your help.

:)

Hi

When are they travelling and which port are they sailing from?

Cheers:)

Do they have both an airport shuttle and a cruiseport shuttle? Is there a charge?

ES does not have free airport shuttle and charges for a port shuttle - cabs are cheaper and the way to go - but they do offer a great breakfast, big rooms, shopping and dining options within walking distance, and free happy hour!:D

Good luck! :)

Hi CC friends.....asking this question for a friend of mine. Any suggestions for hotels close to the cruise terminal. They are only there for one night. Thanks for your help.

:)

We have stayed at The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/North Cruiseport. It is handy to both airport and cruiseport. We stayed there last year and are booked to stay again before our cruise this year in April. They have a free shuttle from Fort Lauderdale Airport and a free shuttle to the cruiseport the morning of your cruise. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is across the road from a shopping plaza that has a grcocery store, a liquor store, a few fast food restaurants and a few other shops. The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast buffet - fruit, juices, coffee and tea, pastries, cereal, waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage etc - should be enough of a choice for most people.:)

How ong will your friends be there? If in Ft. L for most of the day, I personally wouldn't stay out of the way. The city and beach area are a fun way to start the vacation. Not sitting at a hotel where nothing is nearby to say "This is S. Fla.";)

We have stayed at The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/North Cruiseport. It is handy to both airport and cruiseport. We stayed there last year and are booked to stay again before our cruise this year in April. They have a free shuttle from Fort Lauderdale Airport and a free shuttle to the cruiseport the morning of your cruise. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is across the road from a shopping plaza that has a grcocery store, a liquor store, a few fast food restaurants and a few other shops. The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast buffet - fruit, juices, coffee and tea, pastries, cereal, waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage etc - should be enough of a choice for most people.:)

I was looking at that hotel but the only thing is that I prefer the safety deposit box in the room and from what I've heard, they only have them at the front desk. The Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-City Center has them in the rooms so we may opt for there.

I was looking at that hotel but the only thing is that I prefer the safety deposit box in the room and from what I've heard, they only have them at the front desk. The Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-City Center has them in the rooms so we may opt for there.

Hampton Inn City Center is nice but I wouldn't walk outside of there at night. Get a taxi or see if the hotel will drive you somewhere.

I'd recommend Embassy Suites. We chose the Renaissance (Marriott) and when we drove by the Embassy Suites, wished we would of chosen that property. Renaissance was fine, but it was 'just a room'. Clean, efficient, but that was it. At least Embassy Suites offers you food with the room.

We always stay at ES. Easy walking access to food, shopping, etc. They have a wonderful pool, and depending where your room is, you may even see the ships pulling into port in the morning. Breakfast buffet included. Shuttle to the port is $10 ea.

ES does not have free airport shuttle and charges for a port shuttle - cabs are cheaper and the way to go - but they do offer a great breakfast, big rooms, shopping and dining options within walking distance, and free happy hour!:D

Good luck! :)

I'm booked for April 2012 with transfers from Airport to Hotel then Hotel (next morning) to Port.

From their website:Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street

Rate details Cruise & Transfers

Includes transfers from Ft. Lauderdale Airport to hotel and to Port Everglades. Return transfer from the Port not included. Return transfer from the hotel to the airport available at addl charge. Guests can leave vehicle at the hotel for $10 per night of parking. Transfer vouchers are valid for transfer from hotel to Port and are distributed based on number of adults booked in reservation. Child transfer may be purchased at check-in. For airport pickup call hotel after retrieving luggage. Airport tranfers only available by booking this package.

Plus you have The Harbor Shops within 100 yards of the Hotel

http://www.theharborshops.com/

We are staying at ES and were not told about the cruise and trfrs. What pkg is this from and I booked on the Hitlton site. Is this an extra cost and should I contact ES to see if this is available. I thought too no transportation provided. If a charge I thinking maybe cab is the best way for four adults with lots of luggage.

Thanks

I found it in the listing of rooms as a cruise package. I'm booked for the third of April. Do a mock reservation and after you list the number of persons (do not click on any of the special rates ie AARP/Senior/ etc.) then the next page should show the different rooms and rates. I found (and still do on a mock res) a Special - Crusie and Transfers.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/index.do

Just some more information: I've spoken directly to the hotel and confirmed that this package is valid. I have been instructed to contact the hotel directly upon arrival and speak with the Front Desk Manager on Duty to inform them of our arrival and to send the van to the airport to get us. Hope this helps.

PS I've done the math on staying other like hotels ie Hyatt Pier66. When you figure in taxi fare (plus tip) from the airport to the hotel...then have to pay for your breakfasts...and then have taxi fare (plus tip) from the hotel to the port...Embassy is less in costs. Also the free of charge cocktail hour at Embassy is a plus. And to go on... there are the Harbor Shops to pick up last minute items.

Fort Lauderdale is easy. You want to stay in the downtown area, which is very close to the port and the airport. Don't worry about a free shuttle. Taxis are very cheap, and the port may be less than 1 mile away. With a free shuttle, you have schedules, waiting for other passengers, multiple stops, it's not worth it. Even if I had a free shuttle, I would just take a taxi, it's only about $10.

The downtown area also has many restaurants, attractions and a water taxi within walking distance. It's a great and affordable place to extend your vacation a few days. It's nice to have time to unwind before your cruise. I recommend staying more than one night, it's not like Fort Lauderdale is a terrible place to be before your cruise starts.

Fort Lauderdale is the perfect place to utilize Priceline, and I don't know why everybody doesn't do it. In the past we got the 4* Renaissance for about $80, and we got the Embassy Suites for about $70. I feel it is a must to read and understand the information on sites like biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com before you bid. If you don't understand the bidding strategies on those sites, then Priceline is not for you.

That Sleep Inn in Dania looks like what I'm after. Where is everyone booking this hotel to get the best price? Normally I book my FLL hotels on Hotwire but my favs are not listed this time and they are too pricey when not on Hotwire.

The favorite hotel in that area seems to be Embassy Suites. Sleep Inn in Dania seems to have the most consistantly low rates and good reviews (free shuttles and breakfast too). It's not right by the port but it isn't far.

We are Embassy Suite fans. (Also have Hilton Honors Amex:)). They are one of the few hotels that still have a small balcony off the bedroom.

Near a shopping area and nice restaurants. We love the Managers Reception in the early evening and the nice breakfasts.:D

Just some more information: I've spoken directly to the hotel and confirmed that this package is valid. I have been instructed to contact the hotel directly upon arrival and speak with the Front Desk Manager on Duty to inform them of our arrival and to send the van to the airport to get us. Hope this helps.

PS I've done the math on staying other like hotels ie Hyatt Pier66. When you figure in taxi fare (plus tip) from the airport to the hotel...then have to pay for your breakfasts...and then have taxi fare (plus tip) from the hotel to the port...Embassy is less in costs. Also the free of charge cocktail hour at Embassy is a plus. And to go on... there are the Harbor Shops to pick up last minute items.

Thank you as I was tiring of figuring out what to do. You info is very helpful and we are very grateful to you for doing this to help others who are here for good info. Thankful to all who replies as this thread was full of very good information. Thanks so much.

Archived