Live from the Mariner

Konagolfer

We are currently in Antofagasta, Chile. I thought I would let everyone know that I have been doing a blog for friends and family and anyone can access it at http://watkinscruise.blogspot.com. Rachel-- we miss you and George! We have about a 50% win record at trivia since you left and have not yet found a replacement for you, we think you may be irreplaceable!

aloha, Noel

We found a new player to replace our member that departed in Lima and had a perfect score yesterday! In the past we have always had second thoughts about some of our answers and changed them for the wrong answer so we decided that we should stick with first thoughts and it paid off with a win. Everyone on the team contributed.

Good going on the Trivia - though Rachel's absence must be felt!!

How did you like Antofagasta? When we were there in 2008 Ken re-named it "Antoforgetit". 3 hours on a bus and we saw nothing of note and the guide never once made any reference to the importance of the port for the Atacama mines. Hope your experience was better!!

Oh, no! I have been replaced.

Seriously, glad you found a good partner, and I think your strategy is a good one most of the time. (though do remember when Dorothy and I figured out funambulist by a combination of knowledge of greek and Latin word roots)

Archived