Galley/Behind the scenes tour on Conquest

IUHoops

Can anyone provide information on the Galley tour? Or maybe it is called the behind the scenes tour? Is there a cost associated with this tour? How do we sign up? I didn't see anything on Carnival's website. I seem to remember taking a tour on my first Carnival cruise that included the galley and the bridge. I don't think there was any extra charge, but that was over 20 years ago!

Is this the Behind the Scenes $95 per person tour. You can sign up once you board for sure.

There is also a one that if you are platinum you can call up to arrange. I dont know what this one does, but have been tempted to call and see. Maybe I will next week on Triumph. I assume the one for platinum is free, but have not inquired.

The Galley tour is free. Usually only Platinum cruisers are notified, but you can probably ask your maitre d' or a Platinum cruiser when it is.

If you are looking for a ship tour, that is something else.

You can find pictures from a Carnival Conquest galley tour here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/07Sea3/index.htm

starting around picture 043.

In our case (and I think typically) last sea day maybe around 10am.

The Behind-the-Scenes-Tour is either $65, or $95, depending on the ship, and how long the tour is. You get to see the galley, and lots of other areas. Usually limited to about 16 people, given twice on the same day.

On our Miracle cruise this past month, they had a free Galley tour for anyone. The entire downstairs of the lounge was full of people. At first I decided I didn't want to go on anything with that many people. I was bored on the ship, so I came back, and was purposely the last person on the tour, and it was very enjoyable.

We did "The Behind the Fun" tour on our Legend cruise- Dec 2011. Cost was $95 per person. Cost depends on size of ship, length of tour. As soon as you board the ship, go to excursions desk. It cannot be booked prior to your cruise. On some cruises it fills up fast. They do 2 tours- about 16 people per tour, on the last sea day. You will get a look at the galley, stage in main show room, behind the stage, steak house, & best of all the bridge. The captain answered questions on the bridge, & you get pics of your group in galley, on bridge & 1 w/ captain. I don't know how Zydocruiser got pics of the tour, cause cameras are not allowed on tour. You also get a few treats/ gifts at the end of tour. It was fun, but a 1 time thing for us.

Archived