bringing booze or wine onboard??

islandgals

You can bring as much wine, champagne, bottled water, sodas and mixers onto the ship as you want -- there is no limit. Some people have brought on cases of wine. You can bring on wine in all the ports you visit as well.

You can not bring on hard alcohol or beer.

There is an $18 per bottle of wine corkage fee whenever you take a bottle to the dining room or bar/lounge. No fee for in-cabin consumption.

You might want to pack a cork screw in your checked luggage just in case your cabin doesn't have one or your cabin steward can't get you one.

Hi, What are Holland America's policies about liquor being brought onboard or wine?? Has anyone? Thanks:confused:

From HAL's website www.hollandamerica.com

"Can I Bring Alcoholic Beverages Onboard?

Except for wine and champagne, guests cannot bring hard alcohol on board for private consumption. Hard alcohol purchased on board in the duty free shops or in port will be collected, stored for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

Guests can bring wine and/or champagne on board at embarkation or purchased in port. A corkage fee of US$18.00 applies to wine and champagne brought to the shipboard restaurants or bars for consumption. Wine and/or champagne brought on board cannot be consumed in any public venue. If a guest is drinking a beverage carried on board and in a public venue they will be asked to return it to their stateroom.

Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages".

Enjoy your cruise.

Bob

Hi can you bring open bottles to dining room. Also, has anyone smuggles booze onboard?/:cool:

preety sure they would still charge you corkage with a open bottle , if you do not finish the wine they will hold it for you for next meal. Not hard to smuggle booze on board.

Just brought 4 bottles onboard. Packed in our luggage. Also bought the navigator pkg for dinner. Decent wine, no complaints. To buy their high end wines , there is a pretty hefty mark up. We pay $29.99 for North Star merlot, Price on board was $125.00.

Hi can you bring open bottles to dining room. Also, has anyone smuggles booze onboard?/:cool:

Others have answered abut bringing your own bottle to the dining room, and you probably could smuggle booze onboard. The thing is that very few of us bother. I drink vodka, and a liter bottle delivered to my cabin is less than $30.00. That's very little more than I would pay for it here in Oregon.

No -- you can not take open bottles of wine to the dining room or to a bar/lounge -- you will still get charged the corkage fee as they can see that your bottle is not from HAL's stock.

No -- we don't smuggle "booze" onboard. We buy a couple of bottles of alcohol through HAL. We can buy a liter of vodka for $29.90 (includes 15% gratuity) for a liter which is less than what we pay at home as we can only get fifths and have to pay a 6% state tax and 1% county tax on all alcohol -- and we can only get alcohol from a state owned liquor store - no sales in grocery stores here in PA.

From HAL's website www.hollandamerica.com

"Can I Bring Alcoholic Beverages Onboard?

Except for wine and champagne, guests cannot bring hard alcohol on board for private consumption. Hard alcohol purchased on board in the duty free shops or in port will be collected, stored for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

Guests can bring wine and/or champagne on board at embarkation or purchased in port. A corkage fee of US$18.00 applies to wine and champagne brought to the shipboard restaurants or bars for consumption. Wine and/or champagne brought on board cannot be consumed in any public venue. If a guest is drinking a beverage carried on board and in a public venue they will be asked to return it to their stateroom.

Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-

stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages".

Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry krazy Kruisers I can't see where it says No Beer? Post 4. I can see what you wrote, but not from the ships policy.

If iv read Hals answer correct, that means beer could be brought on board as it is not 'Hard Alcohol' my Hubby likes a beer in the room before going down to Dinner.

Bad phrasing by HAL, but "except for wine and champagne" kind of states what is allowed.

Archived