East end of roatan question

1948buddy

You may want to contact juan carlos tours. We are cruising Soon and contacted Juan Carlos and they will take you to the east side, just need to make the request.

Thanks, I checked out his site, looks very similar to Bodden..Victor said he could take us as far as Punta Gorda..We wanted to go to Oak Ridge also. Have you been there? And wonder if Carlos will take you on the unpaved east? We thought maybe Hole in the Wall for lunch..We have been there once, but would like to get away from the crowds. Went to west end before, it is beautiful, just would like to see something different. Any input is greatly appreciated. We are on the Mariner Mar 11 from Galveston Buddy & Glynda Taylor Tx

I don't think Hole in the Wall is open right now, if in fact it ever re-opens. The owner recently passed away after a heart attack. Their website has been taken off.

If you're going to try the far east, then plan a lunch at either Paya Bay or at Las Sirenas at Camp Bay. We met a couple of cruisers when we had lunch at Las Sirenas, but I think they were on their own, with either scooters or quads.

I don't think Hole in the Wall is open right now, if in fact it ever re-opens. The owner recently passed away after a heart attack. Their website has been taken off.

If you're going to try the far east, then plan a lunch at either Paya Bay or at Las Sirenas at Camp Bay. We met a couple of cruisers when we had lunch at Las Sirenas, but I think they were on their own, with either scooters or quads.

Thank you very much

That's sad to hear. It was a great spot. How is the food at Las Sirenas?

Yes, Carlos will take you to unpaved. I also contacted Rory Transportation and they will as well. He was less expensive. We are going to eat at Las Sirena at Camp Bay. I have only heard great reviews from this secluded family run business. I actually called them a week ago and spoke to the wife who is also the cook. This is our first visit to Roatan, but off all the ports for this cruise, this one is the one we are most excited about.

So, is this little restaurant the one that is Rony's mother's? Also, if you had it to do over again, would you visit east end? Thanks.

I just went back to my blog to see what I'd said about La Silenas, and all that I'd put was that we had a nice lunch at a rustic little restaurant out over the water. I've never posted a picture in here, but I'll try.....

I don't know about Rony's mother, but that picture is the restaurant at Camp Bay called La Sirenas. It's a little bigger than it looks from that photo, probably seats 10-15 people under the main palapa.

As for the east end, I was a bit dissapointed in the overall beach out there. Yes, it's miles long and deserted, and as such it's pretty littered with washed up sea grass, etc. I'm not bothered by sand flies, but others in my group found them to be bad. I've been there now, it was nice, but therre is no reason for me to go back again.

I don't know about Rony's mother, but that picture is the restaurant at Camp Bay called La Sirenas. It's a little bigger than it looks from that photo, probably seats 10-15 people under the main palapa.

As for the east end, I was a bit dissapointed in the overall beach out there. Yes, it's miles long and deserted, and as such it's pretty littered with washed up sea grass, etc. I'm not bothered by sand flies, but others in my group found them to be bad. I've been there now, it was nice, but therre is no reason for me to go back again.

Yeah, I think I would just like to see it at least once..I like to try to get photos of unspoiled places, and this looks good for that..Is the food expensive at La Sirenas?

I don't remember the prices. It must have been within the norm or else it would have stuck in my mind. The food in roatan is consistently the best that I have had anywhere in the Caribbean.

WE ate at Half Moon , and the fish was the best we ever ate...Thank you again

La Sirena is not the same restaurant that Ronys mom runs. You can go to Trip Advisor and search La Sirena de Camp Bay, you can see many pictures of this secluded restaurant and may wonderful reviews. I think everyone who goes has a great time and would love to go back. Have fun!

Yes, Carlos will take you to unpaved. I also contacted Rory Transportation and they will as well. He was less expensive. We are going to eat at Las Sirena at Camp Bay. I have only heard great reviews from this secluded family run business. I actually called them a week ago and spoke to the wife who is also the cook. This is our first visit to Roatan, but off all the ports for this cruise, this one is the one we are most excited about.

Am having a little trouble communicating back and forth with Rony..The web site says $40 ea, and sent me an answer about going to Camp Bay for $100 for the two of us. Do you think it could be more because it is unpaved and farther?Thanks again

Juan Carlos quoted me $150 , then came back and said $100, and now am waiting on final reply from Christopher Tours, and he is talking $80. We are not trying to be tightwads, just want to make it to Camp Bay for sure. All the guides there seem to be very reputable. Thanks again for all the help.

Thats what we were quoted, i believe its because it is over an hour drive and unpaved. The other company wanted much more. Hope this helps!

Archived