What to do in St Barts for a morning

kathy16

Our ship - Seabourn Spirit - is scheduled to be in St Barts from 8a- 11:30 pm on a Saturday in February. I was thinking of enjoying most of the day staying on the ship (we have no sea days), but would like to visit the island for a few hours. Recommendations of what to see/do?

Thanks,

Kathy

St. Barts is one of the best stops of the entire Caribbean. Whatever you do--don't stay onboard. If you like to shop they have many trendy shops or several places to sit and have a glass of wine or a cool drink. As for beaches you can take a taxi to St Jean its about a 5-8 minute ride over the hill with white sand, calm warm waters and several resturants and shops. As you pass the small airport watch for a plane as they must make a difficult landing on a runway that you must almost nosedive into for a landing. Many will say the island is a bit pricey, yes you will pay abit more but your only there for the day so enjoy it, as its one of the cleanest, smallest islands you may ever see.

Frank:) & Jeanie:o

Of all the Caribbean ports St. Barths is not one to stay on the ship. Rent a car for the day and explore the entire island, and make sure you walk through town. BTW you will probably come out cheaper renting a car than using cabs, and driving is on the right like in the US.

Edited by zqvol

I would like to go to a beach that has chairs and umbrellas to rent and I have heard that is hard to find there. I am not really interested in shopping unless there is something exclusive to the island,

Thanks,

kathy

• 1 year later...
I would like to go to a beach that has chairs and umbrellas to rent and I have heard that is hard to find there. I am not really interested in shopping unless there is something exclusive to the island,

Thanks,

kathy

Did you ever find a place to rent chairs and umbrellas. I am not much for sitting on a towel in the sand. :)

• 7 months later...
Are there any ship's excursions which include transp to beach and chair with umbrella....Our Celeb Constellation will stop there and we do not want to rent a car....

This was probably my least favorite stop on our cruise. Everything was incredibly expensive and there was no access to a beach for day guests with any kind of services (chairs, restaurants, etc)