Bon voyage gifts: alcohol

LishaD

I have heard that when you buy alcohol on board, they hold it until the end of the cruise (so no taking it back to the room). But my mom and I like to spend time on our balcony instead of at one of the bars. When looking at the bon voyage gifts I saw that you could order bottles of liquor for in the room. My question is: is there a limit to the number you can order? My mom prefers vodka and orange juice while I like rum and coke (and considering that I'm traveling with my mother, I may need more than one bottle). Also, is this the way to go or can you buy it on ship (Millenium) with an extra fee for on board consumption?

Thanks for any info,

LishaD

On our cruise on Century in Feb. of this year, we sent ourselves two bon voyage liquor packages - one with Beefeater's gin and the other with Absolute vodka.

The bottles are liter size, not the American fifth, so you get more. Each package comes with six sodas and a surprisingly generous package with cashews and a mix package. [We actually brought one of the nut and mix packages home with us and just recently finished them off!] Not a bad deal for $50.00 each, when you consider that you don't have to lug the stuff across country and onto the ship worrying that it might be confiscated.

We are not aware of any limit on the number of packages - assume that Celebrity is willing to sell you all you want.

We arranged a gift basket to celebrate our anniversary from a local store in port prior to sailing. Much less expensive and it was delived to our cabin no questions asked. Our steward took the hint and made sure we had lots of ice in the afternoon and evening. We ordered our usual liquor and mixers and it lasted through a ten day cruise. We still had drinks at the bar when we felt like it, but after a day of sightseeing in the heat, it was nice to take a shower and lounge in my bathrobe having a cool drink before facing the world again.

I have read on this board that you could go to the breakfast buffet in the morning and "fill up" with Orange Juice or Cranberry Juice for use later. Otherwise, if you order it, they charge you.

Bring a big thermos.

art

I guess I am cheap

I don't mind paying some markup but most of the liquor they offer is 2X what can be bought on land.

I take my own for cabin use (pre dinner drink) I don't run down to my cabin all day long if I want a drink to avoid paying I just like the convience of a drink on the balcony before dinner.

Archived