Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

After all the time and expense to get the ship upright, why are they letting her sit there and sink?

The ship is not sinking. After some initial settling the ship is now secure for the winter months. Work continues tho not at the level prior to the parbuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a link with a pix of what is reported to be the Captain's quarters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539295/First-look-inside-Captain-Cowards-love-nest-cabin-held-2am-trysts-blonde-Moldovan-dancer-running-Costa-Concordia-rocks-killing-32.html

Another link with a few close ups of the exterior.

http://www.ibtimes.com/costa-concordia-cruise-ship-disaster-2nd-anniversary-marked-survivor-memorial-photos-1537162

The cabin looks like a standard passenger cabin on the Port side of the ship, but then again the story is from the daily fail.

Sidari, that was my thought too which is why I put "reported to be" in my comment.

I have been invited (along with several other guests) to private cocktail hours in Captain's quarters 3 times on 3 different lines. On 2 of the lines the rooms consisted of living/dining rooms with separate sleeping quarters. An office completed each suite. RCI, at least on the ship I was on, was a different set up with the sleeping quarters not visible. Anyway, the 2 I could see were a little larger and a bit more decorated than what I saw in the one pictured in that link. Course one must allow for the damage done but I agree that the one shown didn't look like much.

The cabin looks like a standard passenger cabin on the Port side of the ship, but then again the story is from the daily fail.

Sidari, that was my thought too which is why I put "reported to be" in my comment.

I have been invited (along with several other guests) to private cocktail hours in Captain's quarters 3 times on 3 different lines. On 2 of the lines the rooms consisted of living/dining rooms with separate sleeping quarters. An office completed each suite. RCI, at least on the ship I was on, was a different set up with the sleeping quarters not visible. Anyway, the 2 I could see were a little larger and a bit more decorated than what I saw in the one pictured in that link. Course one must allow for the damage done but I agree that the one shown didn't look like much.

Maybe the cabin shown in the photo is a "Special Guest" Room adjoining the Captain's Quarters, which are found only on Italian Cruise Line ships. :D

Edited by Uniall

maybe the cabin shown in the photo is a "special guest" room adjoining the captain's quarters, which are found only on italian cruise line ships. :d

Very good :-)

Edited by papcx

Uni ... More a case of the Daily Fail doing their usual hatchet job and poor reporting, only the other day they claimed the Parbuckling would be taking place in June .... :rolleyes:

SB ... I noticed the TV appears to be well fixed down.

Edited by sidari

The ship is not sinking. After some initial settling the ship is now secure for the winter months. Work continues tho not at the level prior to the parbuckling.

/QUOTE]

So you don't think that she'll settle any further down?

Sadly' date=' don't bet on this, its surprising the way some people get their licenses back and sail again!.:(

AKK[/quote']

Skipper

He's already be offered command on Mao Tse Sung Cruise Line's Newest Ship: The Balsa Unsinkable

Photo Below

1980457625_MaoTseSungCruiseLines_Fotor.jpg.fa123bb8e58b829eebe635aac0d526c6.jpg

Not sure how long this video has been posted but I didn't read about it on here - Winter Status update with Nick Sloane

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/multimedia_detail.php?eid=UEQCEwdeA2MEPg%3D%3D&cat=progetto&type=video

Posted today about an update for rotating 2 sponsons in Livorno, but there's really no meat to the report.

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/article/56/Vertical_rotation_of_sponson_S12_and_S11completed

Another death on Schettino's conscience -- if he has one.

It's been confirmed his first thoughts were that he was concerned his "career was over."

It is a shame that another loss of life has occurred. Brings home the fact that this is a dangerous job.

In the article there was this last line:

"On Friday, Italy's highest court let stand plea bargains reached by five other Costa employees"

I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't more mentioned about this. There had been talk that many felt their sentences weren't long enough.

Wonder if this will end up before the higher courts where the ruling can be changed.