Recent Freedom of the Seas trip...new improved review

Sunebeach

You did good, girl...I don't want to hear you say anymore that you're computer challenged!

I second everything Sherri said about this ship - wonderful ship, staff and new friends! I agree with her recommendation to get involved with your Meet & Mingle, and attend. For each of our last 2 cruises we made friends that we've continued to cruise with.

You are welcome, It's all the information I wish I'd had before we went...
And Judi is right, we met some great people on this trip, some we've kept in touch with others we wish we had...I give out little 'business' cards with my CC name on them, and If I really like/trust them I'll give them another card with my email or home addy on it...[ I don't give those out to just anybody...only the people I really want to keep in touch with and think that they'd want to keep in touch with us...] Getting to know your fellow passengers here makes for so much more enjoyable trip. Get involved in your roll call !!! :D shameless plug :rolleyes:

[quote name='delacruz']You did good, girl...I don't want to hear you say anymore that you're computer challenged!

HAHAHA, I am learning...slowly. You should have seen me cussing the scanner then finally figured out that it was 'operator error' lol!!!

It was alot easier scanning than trying to type yesterday with an ice pack on...

Awsome Job! One of the best We are doing the FOS in July. Did you book both Cayman and Cozumel through Island Mkt? I too have used them in the past .We have done the Sting Rays before but my son's GF is with us this time and she has never been there and I thought we could kill 2 birds with one stone by doing it by Jet ski. Although there are 5 of us someone needs to be a single rider I guess. The scuba things look really fun too. I was interested in the zip in Jamacia but we have zipped in Roatan and from what I have read there is not much that compares to that and it seems Jamacia is double the price for half the zips.

[quote name='ssca']Awsome Job! One of the best We are doing the FOS in July. Did you book both Cayman and Cozumel through Island Mkt? I too have used them in the past .We have done the Sting Rays before but my son's GF is with us this time and she has never been there and I thought we could kill 2 birds with one stone by doing it by Jet ski. Although there are 5 of us someone needs to be a single rider I guess. The scuba things look really fun too. I was interested in the zip in Jamacia but we have zipped in Roatan and from what I have read there is not much that compares to that and it seems Jamacia is double the price for half the zips.[/QUOTE]

Yes, IM was what we used for the other two trips. The 'mini sub' in Cozumel was my favorite, the DH's was the wave runners of course. It allowed him to have the fun of trying to "kill me" on the back of that thing [just kidding honey, you know you were having fun trying to bounce me off...] , and it allowed me the fun of snorkeling for the first time...and we both enjoyed the stingrays...the water was perfect...
The zip lines in Jamaica weren't as high or long as some we've done here in the States, but they were fun. The guides were fabulous and great at pointing out the different trees and things we don't get to see 'back home' and we got to sample some of the best oranges right from the trees. There were I believe 6-8 lines, I enjoyed the kayaking and am so glad the DH talked me into that instead of the tubing...we had several people tell us afterwards they wish they'd done the kayaking instead as our group had a lot more fun. I think the difference was our guides, they kept us cracking up the whole trip!
Great service, they also went above and beyond to help me recover the photos I had purchased from them but didn't make it home with...see previous posts...they didn't have to go to that much trouble for someone who lost the disc they gave me, but they did and that was great customer service!!!
I liked the fact that if we were running late the ship could not leave us...;)

[quote name='bjcruiser']The pictures and reveiw are wonderful. I really liked to finally see pics of the buffet lunch on Labadee. How did you like the aft? We will be in 9404 in April. I really can not wait.[/QUOTE]

BJ we have 9404 in July I would love to see some pictures when you come back!

So the zip/kayak was through RCL? I will have to check it out. We have done the tubing and DRF so I am not sure what else since the last 2 times we docked in Ocho Rios. Did you have anytime to enjoy the beach in Cayman after the sting ray?

[quote name='Sunebeach']A D1 'Superior ocean view balcony"...room 1702... a full aft balcony is a room on the 'butt' end of the ship...not on the sides, like most balcony rooms...ours was extra large and just as nice as the junior suite down the hall from us, I actually liked our room better and it was cheaper...the 'regular' balconies are smaller, just room for a straight back chair or two and a tiny table, but this one had those along with the loungers..not much for sunbathing, but great for relaxing...

[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03800.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03943.jpg[/IMG]
the view if you look straight down from our balcony, the balcony of the person under us, a family suite I believe...and not very private...we were directly under the windjammer so very private, no one looking over on to our deck unless they were right next door to us...
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/SANY0135.jpg[/IMG]

AND I'll add a fabulous view...great pictures of the ports as we were docking or setting sail...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks a lot like our D2 afts on Radiance and Jewel, which were also right under the Windjammer. Agree, they are nice sized rooms but the balconies really make it worthwhile. Unfortunately, all butt end rooms on Freedom's 10/21 sailing were long since snagged so we ended up with a JS because the non butt end balconies are just too small for a week long cruise (for us, anyway; Mr. B likes his cigars).

[quote name='ssca']So the zip/kayak was through RCL? I will have to check it out. We have done the tubing and DRF so I am not sure what else since the last 2 times we docked in Ocho Rios. Did you have anytime to enjoy the beach in Cayman after the sting ray?[/QUOTE]

The trip out to the stingrays was 4 miles, so most of the time was spent on the wave runner...we did go over to rum pointe for snorkeling but water was rough, so the guides took us on to a sister resort [to the resort we started from] where we had a bathroom break and could purchase a drink at the bar, we did not stay long as we had to trek back 4 more miles to get to the starting point, and I'm sure they didnt want us drinking and driving.....but if we chose to we could have the use of the pool etc at the starting resort for the rest of the time, we should have signed up for the earlier one and sat around the pool there, but sadly we didn't we did however have time to walk around and shop before meeting our van/taxi driver.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]Thanks so very much for your review. It is really great to get a preview of some of the upgrades done to Freedom. We sailed her in Feb of 09 and enjoyed every minute, can't wait to get back to her. We are in an accessible balcony on 7, the same one from the 09 cruise.

Like you, we have been fortunate enough to make a bunch of friends while cruising and they will be on board with us for this, and a few other, cruises.

Thanks again for your fantastic review.

Boy I wish November was closer. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03918.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03916.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03876.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i341/Sunebeach/DSC03868.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you for the review and all of the pictures! We are sailing the Freedom again in May which will be our third time on her but we haven't been since the changes. The pics got me even more excited to go and the next 99 days are going to take forever! :D

Debra

[quote name='cruiseturbo']Thank you for the review and all of the pictures! We are sailing the Freedom again in May which will be our third time on her but we haven't been since the changes. The pics got me even more excited to go and the next 99 days are going to take forever! :D

Debra[/QUOTE]

I have to wait over 250 days! What a lovely ship!

Archived