Recent Freedom of the Seas trip...new improved review

Sunebeach

Great pictures! We will be on the FOS first week in march - looking forward to it. By the way, do you recall when the second formal night was (day 6?)? Thanks.

Vicky

If memory serves me correctly they were the 'sea days' so that would be day two and 7...I'd have to dig out my compass to double check...I did figure out from other posters on the CC boards and planned our night out at Portofinos for Labadee day, as lobster night was the day after, and I didn't want to miss lobster day in the MDR...my favorite dish, any the waiter ended up bringing me THREE!!! I was SUCH a PIG!!! [by the way, My DH was the one who asked him to bring them to me, cause he knows I love them so much, and they were kinda small...but the best cooked lobster I've ever had, not too tough or rubbery...]

Enjoying your review - we are sailing on FOS on the 26th, can't wait! The pictures are great. Question about Hampton Inn - we have the same package as you had. Was the transportation ok - were they reasonably on time etc? And was the hotel itself and the room nice (mostly as in clean)? Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and review!

Rooms were clean, the DH is very adamant about room cleanliness and checks for bed bugs and stuff...Good to say that the room passed his military white glove inspection...

transportation was running smoothly, walked right up the next morning loaded the baggage and off we went...believe they left every 15 minutes or so, so no big wait, unless you are in a large group...no problem...

the windjammer...our favorite spot to pull into a new port, then head up down one flight of stairs to our room...and hit the beach!

SANY0139.jpg

60070047-1.jpg

random pics of ship...

60070023.jpg

DSC03926-1.jpg

The touch screens to guide you around the ship or check out what's happening around the ship...electronic cruise compass...

DSC03913-1.jpgDSC03912.jpg

the windjammer...our favorite spot to pull into a new port, then head up down one flight of stairs to our room...and hit the beach!

SANY0139.jpg

60070047-1.jpg

random pics of ship...

60070023.jpg

DSC03926-1.jpg

The touch screens to guide you around the ship or check out what's happening around the ship...electronic cruise compass...

DSC03913-1.jpgDSC03912.jpg

Thanks so much for your pictures. They went a long way in "convincing" me to book Freedom 10/21/12. I'll enjoy going back and looking at your pictures/reading your review (and others).

Thanks again!

Amy

The pictures and reveiw are wonderful. I really liked to finally see pics of the buffet lunch on Labadee. How did you like the aft? We will be in 9404 in April. I really can not wait.

the DH was the one to convince me to try the aft...not sure I'd like it...It was fabulous, would love to book the same room again...spoiled now...

The room was so much larger than other balconies we saw and have stayed in...I encourage everyone to sign up for the meet and greet on your ship and if someone organizes a 'cabin crawl' go along...it gave us great insight into future cruises as to what cabin category to avoid or to book...we saw a junior suite that was actually two doors down from our room that was a bit wider and the only difference was they had a chair and ottoman, otherwise it was the same!! Not worth the extra money in my opinion...we had the better room...of course we also got to see the Royal Suite, which to me would have been a huge waste of money, unless you were in a large group, even then you'd have to sleep on couches or roll away beds? The inside cabin was really tight, but if it meant cruising or not cruising...I'd still want cruising...but I sure would miss the balcony and an ocean view...

The pictures and reveiw are wonderful. I really liked to finally see pics of the buffet lunch on Labadee. How did you like the aft? We will be in 9404 in April. I really can not wait.

Thanks for the pics - We have 9704 for the March 18th Sailing! Cant wait - I am very interested to see that aft cabin.

Thanks so much for your pictures. They went a long way in "convincing" me to book Freedom 10/21/12. I'll enjoy going back and looking at your pictures/reading your review (and others).

Thanks again!

Amy

Don't think you'll regret it...great ship...lots to do...or not do, whatever your choice is...even though it was pretty full, as you see our photos, it was never crowded until you were leaving the ship to go to port, or getting back, once the crowd dispersed it was fine...

Archived