Recent Freedom of the Seas trip...new improved review

Sunebeach

I had tried to put in a review earlier but had alot of technical difficulty with the photo part of this experiment...thanks to Trainman for the tips on posting photos I want to try again....

Freedom of the Seas, October 13, 2011, Western Caribbean..

SANY0136.jpg

our room, full aft balcony, great view and lots of room!!! Fantastic room!

SANY0133.jpg

Our balcony...very large and no over hang above us for people to look down on our deck so relatively private...

SANY0094.jpg

exploring the ship...

SANY0090-Copy-Copy.jpg

60070007.jpg

What was your room number on the Freedom when you sailed in October?

Love2 curise...our cabin number was 1702 it was a D1 Superior ocean view stateroom with balcony...and IF you ask me the BEST room on board...yes it's a little hike from the stairs/elevators, but not too bad...and after going on the cabin crawl and seeing all the other categories we could have booked...I'm so glad the DH talked me into this room!! If you like an aft view, this is the room for you!

No noise from anything...the windjammer above us was a concern before our trip, but never heard anything...Very little movement felt even when seas were rough and winds were at close to 50 knots...the overhang from the windjammer above protected us from the brief rain showers and didn't really allow for sunbathing unless the sun was to the ships 'back side' but if I want to sun bathe, I'm going to be hanging out poolside anyway.

We didn't have people looking over onto our balcony from above like we could on those below us...the decks are staggered along the back and the top tier can look down and see your whole balcony, so if you are less than on the 10th floor, someone can look down and see everything...not very private.

If you go, I hope you enjoy her as much as we did...;)

do you remember if you had to report outside for muster? I remember when we were in the front of the ship we reported to Pharoahs lounge. But I can't remember when we were on the aft where our muster was. We are in the aft again in December. We are in the corner aft, the balcony may look small but it is huge. And the room is the size of a JS. if you ever get a chance to get one, you really should try it.

I don't have a photo of the menu's but some threads might have them...I found a thread that someone posted the MDR's menu for each night of the cruise so I knew in advance what night the MDR would not have anything the DH and I would mind missing so we booked Portofino's for that night, and I could have lobster two nights during the cruise ;)

OK how can i get lobster for two nights!! anyone know what night normally is lobster night anyways. I leave for fos in 8 days if i remember i will try to take some photos of the menus and what nights they where and post for you all k.

do you remember if you had to report outside for muster? I remember when we were in the front of the ship we reported to Pharoahs lounge. But I can't remember when we were on the aft where our muster was. We are in the aft again in December. We are in the corner aft, the balcony may look small but it is huge. And the room is the size of a JS. if you ever get a chance to get one, you really should try it.

Yes we reported to the port side deck, I can't remember what deck...we had a nice view of the Disney ship that was in port with us that day. Yes the corner cabin deck is large, but didin't have much that wasn't obstructed by metal on the side...I would have prefered it to have a wrap around view...although we had quite a view one morning...our neighbors were sunbathing ala naturale...!!!:eek:

really love all your pics ... you did a much better job capturing them then i did... would love to get a copy of your pics ... would you be willing to burn me a copy or email them to me.

Can you not 'right click' and save them to your computer??? [i'm not much of a computer wiz, but I've done this with others...kinda hijacked some pics] if it doesn't work message me your email and I can try to send them.

OK how can i get lobster for two nights!! anyone know what night normally is lobster night anyways. I leave for fos in 8 days if i remember i will try to take some photos of the menus and what nights they where and post for you all k.

Ours had a poor selection on the night we were in Labadee, so we booked Portofino's for that night so I could get lobster...the next night was lobster night in the MDR, not sure if they stay on the same menu rotations or not....hope that helps?:D;)

Can you not 'right click' and save them to your computer??? [i'm not much of a computer wiz, but I've done this with others...kinda hijacked some pics] if it doesn't work message me your email and I can try to send them.

Sorry I don't want to post my email addy here, but if you send me yours...I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the review and all the great pictures - we are sailing on her in June - 7th floor - 3 balcony cabins. I really enjoyed all the Cruise Compasses - my family thinks I will have the entire cruise planned out now before we go (lol)!!

Hi would love to see these photos as I am cruising on Freedom later this year but unfortunately all the photos say "image or video has been deleted or moved". Is there anything I can do to see the photos? :)

Look for me on photobucket...Sunebeach, I'm not sure what happened, I was adding some files and more pics from my husbands memory card from his camera and I guess it did something to the files...I'll try to figure it out...sorry.:o

Apparently when one adds or edits photos on photobucket or in this case re-organizes them they will break the link to this site and 'delete' them! :eek:

SO SORRY..:p.but if you want to see the pictures I had posted here and more you can view the album on Photobucet just look for Sunebeach's album...

Sorry for the inconvience. I'll know next time...:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Day Three...

02-01-2012114020AM8-1.jpg

02-01-2012114020AM9.jpg

02-01-2012122649PM.jpg

02-01-2012114020AM10.jpg

I was on this cruise and am needing scans (pics, pdf, etc) of the day 3 cruise compass for scrapbooking....do you still have this? I am furious with myself for somehow missing this day :(

thanks,

Archived