LaRomana Dreams

bvm5

We will be in port from 7a-2p. Trying to figure out if it would be worth paying for this.

Is ten the earliest you can get in to the resort? Also how long is the ride from LaRomana port to Dreams.

The ride from port to Dreams is 25 minutes by shared bus.

Just thought I'd drop back by and say that we went to Dreams last week on our cruise and loved it! The swim-up bar was great, and Alexis the bartender was very entertaining. We were welcomed in the lobby with a glass of champagne, paid our $60 pp, received a towel, and away we went to enjoy the day. Lunch was a huge buffet filled with all different kinds of food--main dishes, salads, desserts. There was so much food, it was hard to even see it all. There were 2 large pools and a very large beach area, but we stayed at the pool with the swim-up bar.

The taxi ride took about 1/2 hour. They wanted $45 for 2 people, but we soon found others going. With 6 in the van, it came to around $10 pp each way. It was a great way to spend our time in DR, and we would not hesitate to do it again. I had made advanced reservations, and one person from the taxi had to leave their ID at the gate check-in, but once at the front desk, they didn't even ask for our names, just took our money and turned us loose. The staff were all very accommodating and friendly. I am attaching a picture.

PIC_0519.jpg.410b9af62f90b05c75c6c00bfbdcec60.jpg

HI, the last post mentioned identification being needed at Dreams. What type of ID do they need, we will be going to Dreams in August 2012, & want to be prepared, we normally leave our passport on the ship

Thought I would reply to to this just to get it bumped up a little - I too would like to know what type of ID they want you to give them. I really don't want to hand over my passport.

In the emails I exchanged with Dreams, I was told I would have to leave a photo ID, they suggested DL. When we arrived, we were never asked for ID or if we had a reservation so I'm not sure how strict they are about that. We basically traded $120 for 2 towels and away we went, no forms to sign and no wristband to wear.

We really enjoyed our visit there, especially Alexis and the swim up bar as well :)

Archived