Breakfast Anchorage Before Train

Rustys Mom

Where can we have breakfast before leaving for Seward? Is is better to just eat on the train? My travel companions are slow to commit, but thinking of Rodeway Inn. It is not rated well for their continental breakfast. The train leaves at 6:45.

We took the train from Anchorage to Whittier and I think it did not depart until 9:00 a.m.

We stayed the previous night at The Alaska House of Jade (bed and Breakfast). Wonderful rates! She picked us up at the airport when we arrived and took us back to Anchorage to the train depot the next morning after a gourmet breakfast. I know she would work with you in accordance to your schedule. Check out her web site and give her a call. I think you will be pleased.

We're also staying in Anchorage for one night, catching the train to Seward the next morning. And you're supposed to be at the train station an hour before to check in...so it's really early!!!

We're staying at the Anchorage Grand Hotel. We haven't been there yet, so I can't recomend it or anything. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor. It's the hotel closest to the train station. They leave a continental breakfast (included in the price of the room) at your door overnight, which sounds perfect for taking to eat at the train station or on the train.

We stayed at Comfort Inn Ship Creek, which had their own free breakfast out (very good)ven, even at that hour (I think we were on the 5:30 shuttle). There is also a coffee/breakfast shop inside the train station if you're just looking for something continental.

I really like the Comfort Inn for many reasons, but not the least of which is you can walk over to the train station if you please as it is not far at all. This has to be the closest hotel/motel to the train station. They run shuttles for folks who don't want to walk/have too much luggage to carry.

They are very well tuned in to the train departure situation and will have breakfast ready in plenty of time for you to enjoy it.

It is also next to the UlU Factory.

Archived