FLL Airport, MIA Port... Hotel help

pokerbob

We are flying into FLL the nite before our cruise. We will be getting in late, and wont arrive at hotel until after midnight. I am looking to find the cheapest, decent accomodations. (Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express)... no need for any scenic views or fun activities as we will just be sleeping for the nite and heading out in late morning.

Best case scenario would be a hotel that offers a free shuttle from FLL and a free shuttle to MIA port (do any of these even exist?) The next best would be getting a shuttle from the airport to hotel that gets us closest to the Miami port so transportation costs from hotel to port are minimized.

Any recommendations on a specific hotel to check out?

Some place with a liquor store nearby would be a plus.

Check the Florida board. There's lots of info about hotels and shuttles.

If I were you I would find a hotel near the FLL airport that can pick you up but make sure they have a shuutle that will run that late. Then the next day get a shuttle to go to Miami. There are no hotels as far as I know that will take you to the port of Miami from Ft Lauderdale for free. It is an hour drive.

Thanks, I actually remembered I had a ton of Holiday Inn Priority Club points... booked a hotel for 20000 points and zero dollars.... will use the saved hotel money on Miami Vices on the Lido deck of the Valor.

If you are going from FLL to MIA I'd recommend SAS Transportation. $15/pp shared ride and they will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the Port of Miami.

I have to agree. http://www.ridesas.com is the way to go.

If you are coming in late at night there may not a shuttle from the airport to your hotel. Many don't run 24hours. Check with the hotel you pick.

Archived