BA Avios / Tesco offer - Heads up

NorbertsNiece

I'm sure I saw this posted somewhere here but I'm darned if I can find it. Normally it's 600 Avios for Ā£2.50 so this offer = 1000 Avios per Ā£2.50

Ā 

400 Extra British Airways Executive Club - Avios for every Ā£2.50 in Clubcard vouchers exchanged during February and March 2012 (includes multiples of Ā£2.50 in one transaction).

Hi,

This is from Martin Lewis email.

Ā 

Update 10 Feb. Convert Tesco vouchers to Avios now

If you're an Avios collector, now's the perfect time to exchange. Until 31 March 2012, a temporary promotion means you can convert Clubcard vouchers into Avios miles and Ā£2.50 becomes 1,000 miles rather than the usual 600 (read Airmiles becomes Avios MSE news story).

This means Ā£22.50 of Clubcard vouchers buys a Eurostar return to Paris (no extra taxes to pay) or an Amsterdam return flight (plus taxes).

Don't get me started on Avios:( - the only direct flight from Manchester is London!! Those in the North have been sold down the river in the conversion from Airmiles to Avios. I'm now left with 83,000 useless (for flights)Avios points. I emailed Tesco to tell them why I no longer want them to convert my Tesco points directly to Avios but no reply as yet. Using the Tesco points against Royal Caribbean cruises sounds much more enticing. Has anybody tried it?

Air miles are more use to me as I do travel other than cruises; have booked my flights for this year with them already and, having just seen the release dates for 2013 RCCL itineraries, will not need to fly to cruise next year. To make it worth my while using the Tesco points to book a cruise I would need to save the points for years to have enough to make a difference from what I can get with a friendly TA....

If you have enough of them, they are a really good deal. This is particularly so for one way flights.

Ā 

We are doing a repositioning cruise later this year, and managed three First class flights for the equivalent of Ā£562 of vouchers (Ā£187.50 each) plus taxes. The normal fare would be around Ā£20K!

Ā 

With the Tesco vouchers there are no limits on the number you can redeem. Obviously you need to have spent a lot at Tesco's to hold any significant number, but for people who have been saving them, they can be a good deal at the moment.

Hi - remember you can also book hotels with the points as well. I did that a couple of years ago for a trip to NY. Cruising this year from NY so hoping to use my points for a hotel again, especially with the good conversion offer at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Avios is a complete rip off for booking a Royal Caribbean Cruise and a waste of Tesco's vouchers. Also Avios neglect to give crucial information during the booking process that can leave you our of pocket. After using Airmiles/AVIOS for over 10 years I'll be closing my account and buying something else with my Tesco vouchers from now on

Avios is a complete rip off for booking a Royal Caribbean Cruise and a waste of Tesco's vouchers. Also Avios neglect to give crucial information during the booking process that can leave you our of pocket. After using Airmiles/AVIOS for over 10 years I'll be closing my account and buying something else with my Tesco vouchers from now on

Ā 

Yes I agree. We were saving our tesco vouchers for a Rci cruise but have decided against it. You can't use your balcony discount (if you have it) no OBC and no other perks such as free car parking. Would have to have shed loads of vouchers to be able to forfeit those. Are buying my son a new bed with double up instead!

Yes. Where they come into their own is for one way travel and for premium cabins.

Ā 

One way travel is normally eye wateringly expensive. With avios it is only 50%of the normal redemption level which can be a real bargain.

Ā 

I noticed a travel agency on the Avios website offering 10 points per pound spent with RCL (and others) which could boost your balance considerably.

Ā 

For this type of travel avios are worth their weight in gold. For most other things, much less so.

Archived