2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

Grandeur of the Seas returns to Baltimore, Md. on May 3, 2013 to take over for Enchantment of the Seas, currently deployed in Baltimore through early April 2013. Grandeur of the Seas was Royal Caribbean’s first ship deployed in Baltimore from 2004-09, and is currently undergoing an extensive revitalization to deliver a host of new dining venues – including six new specialty dining choices, technological upgrades and new entertainment features, as well as a refresh of all furniture, carpet, upholstery and staterooms. Families with toddlers can take advantage of the newly installed Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, which cater to the cruise line’s youngest guests, age 6 to 36 months. Guests also will enjoy an oversized LED video screen offering entertainment as guests lounge by the pool, and take in a new high-flying experience, where aerialists glide through the ship’s five-story atrium

I am THRILLED to read this ! Finally .... a 10 night Western Caribbean from the NE !! ... terrific ! Baltimore is a fairly short drive from "down the shore" in Jersey . Thank you Royal Caribbean ! Can't wait to book !!!

Do you know what the 10 day itinerary will be and when? very disappointed that the EOS is not doing 10 days during chidren school breaks. I am hoping I can still drive to Baltimore.

If not I guess I can wait until May 17th. I see they changed the date again. Really hoping I can book a cruise not with that 7 day Bahamas itinerary from the NE.

Jewel out of San Juan starting May 2013

Kathy--

Thanks to you and your info, I called in while the Jewel was being loaded and was able to book for 4/5/14.

The problem, which has me worried, is that they are still not showing 4/5 on the website. Only 4/12 and 4/19 are available.

Can you tell from CP what's going on with my sailing?

Thanks-

Linda

There is a Jewel itin for November 2013 that has perked my interest. Still looking into it, but have a question.

The deck plans do not seem to load for that time period. (I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue.) I do not know if they are changing or not, but I want to avoid a Rhapsody situation where I pick the cabin, yet it moves following a refurb. Any thoughts?

I was having the same problem last night - trying to book the Jewel for November 2013, didn't give me choice of cabin - just picked one for me. And the other (unmentionable) site I go to - where I can see all the cabins available doesn't have November in the system yet.

FINALLY!!! Booked my hump room on the Jewel for November 2013, I had to be a little creative beause the RCCL site isn't working too well, but I managed to secure the room I wanted for 11/16 - just sent the copy of the confirmation to the TA for her to do all the other details. Now I am waiting for MAY 2013 and the DIAMOND EVENT hopefully and I am set for awhile.

Have a great day everyone!

There is a Jewel itin for November 2013 that has perked my interest. Still looking into it, but have a question.

The deck plans do not seem to load for that time period. (I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue.) I do not know if they are changing or not, but I want to avoid a Rhapsody situation where I pick the cabin, yet it moves following a refurb. Any thoughts?

When is the Jewel due to be refurb????? Is that scheduled before Nov 13th???

When is the Jewel due to be refurb????? Is that scheduled before Nov 13th???

According to the flyer a posted in Enchantment / Monarch thread it looks like May 1 2016. So do cabins stay put until then?

Kathy--

Thanks to you and your info, I called in while the Jewel was being loaded and was able to book for 4/5/14.

The problem, which has me worried, is that they are still not showing 4/5 on the website. Only 4/12 and 4/19 are available.

Can you tell from CP what's going on with my sailing?

Thanks-

Linda

Just says it is closed for bookings while the others are available......so once again,your guess is good as mine.......charter,perhaps or itinerary change??

I was having the same problem last night - trying to book the Jewel for November 2013, didn't give me choice of cabin - just picked one for me. And the other (unmentionable) site I go to - where I can see all the cabins available doesn't have November in the system yet.

did you know when you book online with rccl,you can select Change stateroom....it will list a bunch more and even let you input a specific cabin..

Just says it is closed for bookings while the others are available......so once again,your guess is good as mine.......charter,perhaps or itinerary change??

I hope it's not a charter. They sent me an invoice/confirmation; I just don't know what to make of this!

Linda

Do you know what the 10 day itinerary will be and when? very disappointed that the EOS is not doing 10 days during chidren school breaks. I am hoping I can still drive to Baltimore.

If not I guess I can wait until May 17th. I see they changed the date again. Really hoping I can book a cruise not with that 7 day Bahamas itinerary from the NE.

Read posts 2008 thru 2014 for all the GR itineraries......

I hope it's not a charter. They sent me an invoice/confirmation; I just don't know what to make of this!

Linda

try calling to see what they say.......

Thanks Kathy, that makes me feel better. Now I can shop with a little more comfort.

Why do they list so many deck plans with dates?

Beats me...:confused:

We also booked Jewel for Nov 16, we had planned to book October then saw the great

itinerary and have wanted to go back to Tortola for many years :) We had originally

booked Summit but have read so many bad reports decided to cancel and go on Jewel.

Also wanted to say thank you to Kathy and everyone that has provided us with all the info

that RCL and their wonderful IT people couldn't seem to get loaded on their website.

Originally Posted by cruisegal3 viewpost.gif

Linda

Oh, I have-- 3 times; 3 reps didn't know

Originally Posted by cruisegal3 viewpost.gif

Linda

Oh, I have-- 3 times; 3 reps didn't know

awwwwww jeez......that's just not right...

My TA had to call RCCL directly to book the Jewel for November, she said it wasn't showing on their site yet. The price was perfect for this sailing and I only need three days off from work.

JST is it too early to start a roll-call for November 16th, 2013?:rolleyes:

awwwwww jeez......that's just not right...

We are in total agreement on that point!

Another problem/mystery I have is my Explorer 9/22/13 sailing; I booked when it opened. Now, 9/8, 9/15, and 9/22 are all marked "N/A" going on 9 days now. Oct 2013 and 9/29 sailings are still booking.

No reps know the reason for this, either!

I have no idea whether I have the Explorer or Jewel cruises, getting no answers from RCCL----

Linda

Hi, Kathy,

I'm sitting here with the same type of situation as Linda... in that I have a booking that is acting strange on the website and the reservationists can't tell me anything! The answer that I get to the N/A on the website is that the sailing week is being looked at with a code "inventory control." Our Roll Call was visited by a CC member who told us that the week had been chartered by a company that would give a Code Red to the booking, but RCCL has nothing in their system with that information! I've made 3 phone calls about this; it's been going on for at least a month!

I'm more than a little irritated that RCCL can't come out and just let me know that this week has been chartered! We're closing in on the time to get better air fares and hotel rooms. Good grief; I feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall... and hurting myself....!!!

Could you see anything on your end? The week that I'm talking about is 4/6/13 on Brilliance out of San Juan. In your experience, how long does it take RCCL to start making phone calls if they need to work with reservation changes on a chartered sailing? It just happens that the 4/6/13 week is our Spring Break; the sailing on Brilliance is cheaper (significantly) than the Jewel for later in the summer. But, I'm seriously considering booking on the Jewel just so I'll have a fall back position... what do you think about that strategy?

We are in total agreement on that point!

Another problem/mystery I have is my Explorer 9/22/13 sailing; I booked when it opened. Now, 9/8, 9/15, and 9/22 are all marked "N/A" going on 9 days now. Oct 2013 and 9/29 sailings are still booking.

No reps know the reason for this, either!

I have no idea whether I have the Explorer or Jewel cruises, getting no answers from RCCL----

Linda

wow.....you are not very lucky with all that,are you??:eek:

Hi, Kathy,

I'm sitting here with the same type of situation as Linda... in that I have a booking that is acting strange on the website and the reservationists can't tell me anything! The answer that I get to the N/A on the website is that the sailing week is being looked at with a code "inventory control." Our Roll Call was visited by a CC member who told us that the week had been chartered by a company that would give a Code Red to the booking, but RCCL has nothing in their system with that information! I've made 3 phone calls about this; it's been going on for at least a month!

I'm more than a little irritated that RCCL can't come out and just let me know that this week has been chartered! We're closing in on the time to get better air fares and hotel rooms. Good grief; I feel like I'm just banging my head against a wall... and hurting myself....!!!

Could you see anything on your end? The week that I'm talking about is 4/6/13 on Brilliance out of San Juan. In your experience, how long does it take RCCL to start making phone calls if they need to work with reservation changes on a chartered sailing? It just happens that the 4/6/13 week is our Spring Break; the sailing on Brilliance is cheaper (significantly) than the Jewel for later in the summer. But, I'm seriously considering booking on the Jewel just so I'll have a fall back position... what do you think about that strategy?

I really dont know what to tell you....I am not able to access any bookings for that cruise either.........give it a few days and try calling again......if it does make you feel better,book the JW......you could always just book it in one name for now,so it doesnt tie up much money..

Read posts 2008 thru 2014 for all the GR itineraries......

Thanks for referencing, I was having a devil of time finding the Bmore cruises.

We are interested in going in early August on a

7 night Bermuda cruises.....

sea day

Kins Wharf(over night 2 nights)

2 sea days

Any insight on sailing dates? We are doing Bahamas at Thanksgiving so would defintely prefer to go back to Bermuda next Summer (early August) before our boy returns to school.

Thanks.

Archived