Boarding Time for Sun Princess out of Brisbane

Hi all,

We are doing the 2 night cruise from Brisbane to Sydney on 1st March.

Ship sails at 8.00pm, what time do you think boarding will commence and what time should we aim to be at the cruise terminal?

We always like to board as early as possible to take advantage of the time we have on board.:D

Just need to book some flights today from Sydney or Newcastle and don't want to arrive to early or late!

Any advice appreciated.

We have friends on this cruise and they also seem to think that the ship sails at 8PM --- however the Brisbane Ports website says that you depart at 4PM :confused::confused: We were at the river mouth two days ago to see QM2 - and Sun Princess sailed out around 5.30 PM - which would mean about a 4 PM departure from Dockside.

Barry

We have friends on this cruise and they also seem to think that the ship sails at 8PM --- however the Brisbane Ports website says that you depart at 4PM :confused::confused: We were at the river mouth two days ago to see QM2 - and Sun Princess sailed out around 5.30 PM - which would mean about a 4 PM departure from Dockside.

Barry

I also just saw the 4.00pm departure time from the Brisbane Ports website, which made my DH very quickly go and look at our tickets.

They do say 8.00pm departure. I have booked a 1.30pm flight from Sydney, so I hope it is 8.00pm:eek:. Otherwise changing my flights will cost almost as much as the cruise and I will not be popular!!

I noticed the other day that the port website said 4pm. But every cruise website shows 8pm. Maybe the 4pm is the all aboard time.

I don't think that Brisbane Ports could care less about "all aboard". They do care however about what time the tugs are required!!!! :)

Barry

I've done this 2 nighter a couple of times on Sun Princess. Once it left at 4 pmish, the 2nd time it left a lot later (it was dark and we were eating in the Steakhouse as she went under the bridge.....so maybe it was 8 pm?). Both times they started boarding us at 12 noon....on the dot :D but we could dump our luggage earlier.

Friend of mine has confirmed with Princess that it departs at 8PM - and it won't affect them because they are boarding around 2 PM ( will affect us because we want to wave them off and don't know if it will be 4PM or 8PM :o) Personally , I will be watching this Qld Govt webpage (select Brisbane Port, top right hand corner ) - up to 7 days before departure.

Barry

Archived