Bottled water????

SeaGoddess

Seagoddess,

Last Sept, we stopped at a Publix in Ft Lauderdale and bought 2 cases of water (we travelled with our best friends) to take onboard. When we arrived at Port Everglades, it was taken, with our luggage, tags slapped on them and each case arrived in the appropriate cabin. Like you, we drink a lot of water daily - along with the 'drink of the day'. Very handy for shore excursions as well. The 16oz bottles fit easily into backpacks or fannypacks. We'll be doing the same thing this September.

Debbie

The sell bottled water on board. There will be a bottle in your room and on port days they will have water stations set up so you can grab a bottle or two ( for a fee) as you head to port. Or you can refill sport bottles or large glasses at the Horizon court. I think it is filtered well. I did not taste any chlorine taste at all. It tasted as good as the bottled water did to me.

FYI -I think the bottles in your room are about 2.00 - 2.50 with tip.... for 70 oz you would probably want 3 of them per day.

Have a great trip!

The ship turns the salt water into drinking water and you won't find a better taking glass of water then that. I don't bother with bottled when cruising because the bottle water doesn't even compare to the ships water.

cjh

I agree with you re the quality of tap water on ships, but some people with "sensitive tummies" have difficulty with it.

My wife has been told by the ship's doctor on Royal Princess and on Crystal Harmony to stick with bottled water, after experiencing some difficulty with ship's water.

The Travel Channel Cruise Show showed the distillation. But what I found interesting is that after distillation, minerals are added back. Re bottled water: Most of them are a lot worse for your health than tap water if the minerals are removed. /Sultan

Are there bottles of water to drink on the ship or do I need to bring my own? I am one of those 70 ounces of bottled water a day girls.... HELP! No nasty sink or tap for me THANK YOU! :-)

Goddess

Yes they have bottled water. I always ask our steward to keep two full large (1.5 or 2 ltr.) bottles of water in our room and to replace as we use them, so we always have them. The'll charge about $3 each for this.

Archived