Veendam doing Viking in July 2013

Stakeout

just saw this on the HAL site ...looks like they replaced the Maasdam on the Voyage of the Vikings cruise with the Veendam... no other listings so far for the Maasdam after April 2013...

could be that the Veendam will be taking over the Boston to Montreal summer run also.. just a guess..

That's a good itinerary for that ship. The lack of an aft pool won't be a problem for passengers, since there was little to no swimming back there on this route.

But it will put a crimp in the Arctic Swim activity. :( That was always fun. It just isn't the same when done at the Lido pool.

Well, Ruth I could do without the Arctic swim as long as I could do this cruise. I would love to be on it!! Did you do the swim or watch?? Hot chocolate?:p

I did the swim once. I think the first opportunity ('01) we had actually sailed south of the Arctic Circle when it was held, so I passed on that go-round. I felt it didn't count. I don't remember if it was the next time ('03), or the one after that ('04), but I did do it on one of my Voyage of the Vikings cruises.

It was a real thrill getting my Polar Bear certificate. And I felt it was legit, since we were still north of the Circle!

I wouldn't dare try it again, though. It can be a strain on the heart.

But I used to freeze in Misquamicuit (sp?) also.

That's broad Atlantic. I won't go in there, either.

I did swim with the rays at Grand Cayman, and loved it. I get to the beach at HMC, remove the cover-up, and walk straight into the water---without easing in one bit. That was in Jan, Nov, and Dec. Love it there.

Archived