Disney and a 9 month old

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Hello Everyone

We really need some help on this one. We have been on many cruises but this will be the first with our little guy who will be about 9 months old when we travel. Now never travelled on Disney cruise would a 9 month old be welcomed on board with open arms or should we wait until he is older. We are looking at the cruise out of Vancouver for a trip to Alaska. Please any info you think we need to know would really help.

Thanks

I've been on a few Disney Cruises the first time when my daughter had just turned 2. Disney has the best children's staff of any cruise line I've been on. The nursery staff was awesome. They are the sweetest and most caring people and you can tell that they do enjoy children. They make you feel so secure in leaving your child in their hands & I was. Make sure you book the nursery as soon as you can. Space is limited & books up by the first day of the cruise for the entire cruise, otherwise they put you on a waiting list. I book online 90 days before sailing so that I have my space and would make few changes while on board when it was possible. The fee is nominal & I would have gladly paid more. They charge $6 per hour. At the end of the cruise, even though these staff members are not usually the ones you tip, I did.

If money is no object and you are okay with Tracy Arm a decent choice.

IMHO as friendly as Disney is you are overpaying unless you personally really enjoy the Mouse and the premium. If it was me I'd pick Princess/HAL and get a sailing that does Glacier Bay over the Tracy Arm scenic sailing and use the money to do one way if that wasn't already your plan and a second scenic cruising day!

Hello Everyone

We really need some help on this one. We have been on many cruises but this will be the first with our little guy who will be about 9 months old when we travel. Now never travelled on Disney cruise would a 9 month old be welcomed on board with open arms or should we wait until he is older. We are looking at the cruise out of Vancouver for a trip to Alaska. Please any info you think we need to know would really help.

Thanks

I've been on a few Disney Cruises the first time when my daughter had just turned 2. Disney has the best children's staff of any cruise line I've been on. The nursery staff was awesome. They are the sweetest and most caring people and you can tell that they do enjoy children. They make you feel so secure in leaving your child in their hands & I was. Make sure you book the nursery as soon as you can. Space is limited & books up by the first day of the cruise for the entire cruise, otherwise they put you on a waiting list. I book online 90 days before sailing so that I have my space and would make few changes while on board when it was possible. The fee is nominal & I would have gladly paid more. They charge $6 per hour. At the end of the cruise, even though these staff members are not usually the ones you tip, I did.

FYI, the CMs in the kids areas (Oceaneers Club, Flounders' Nursery, etc) are not tippable. Any tip you give to them will be pooled for a party for the kids clubs CMs.

:)

We went with our 7 year old son and 9 month old daughter several years back and she was great. I was still nursing her so unlike other vacations with a little one I would just go back to the room and nurse her, change her, put her down for a nap....It was great. When we were in St. Maarten we just made sure we had whatever she needed for a nap and lots of sun protection.

We took advantage of the nursery when we went to Palo's and some late night shows. I think you can only book ahead of time so many hours (maybe 8) but we ended up putting her there maybe a few more hours it was no biggie at all.

DCL is great with all ages. JMO if he's your only one I would say wait until later when he can remember the cruise b/c DCL is worth remembering. Took our son for the first time when he was 3 and he has never forgotten. I know other cruises lines to Alaska are better and a lot cheaper than DCL.

thank you everyone for all your input. We have cruised a few times with princess and enjoy the line the only reason we were thinking Disney was because of our little man. To be honest we have never seen such a small one on a pricess ship so we have not even thought to sail with them again.

Who would you recomend beside DCL with a little one.

Archived