RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Thanks for the tips, Kevin!

I just wonder what the poor Eurodam crew will have to do to de-glitter the ship before the next group of passengers arrive!

Your welcome!

That place is going to look like a snow globe. Was questioning if a glitter party with this crowd was the best of party themes, but sure does sound like alot of fun. Be Glitter and Gay!

That place is going to look like a snow globe. Was questioning if a glitter party with this crowd was the best of party themes, but sure does sound like alot of fun. Be Glitter and Gay!

Oh, I think it will be fabulous! There's still time for you to change your mind ;)

On the Hawaii cruise they had a blackout underwear party indoors - oh what fun was had with glow body paint!

I will repeat what I asked you on FB: any tips one where to get good glitter? As I said I bought some one time at a costume place in the city and it was lame.

So question for the people who've done Carnival in Curacao before - is booking this as an excursion worth it? I'm leaning toward this as an option for watching the parade (seats _and_ restrooms _and_ drinks and snacks?!) but my partner seemed a bit cool on the idea. I'm looking for ways to convince him that this is a far better option than fighting crowds on the roadside.

Thanks!

Don

This is a wonderful excurstion and the only way to do it. You might be able to walk to it to if you can find your way thru several marginal neighborhoods in the dark but this excursion is totally worth it. I thought it was a abit expensive but I took it and was so glad it did.

About 1000 people from the ship take this and we have our own dedicated bathrooms and bar and are shuttled back to the ship. This was one of the best shore exursions I ever took. DO NOT MISS IT!

I wish the "Glitter and Be Gay" party would be a T-Dance and "The Saint" Retro dance was a night party. The glitter would sparkle in the sunlight, and the Retro would seem more like a disco at night.

I agree!

About 1000 people from the ship take this and we have our own dedicated bathrooms and bar and are shuttled back to the ship. This was one of the best shore exursions I ever took. DO NOT MISS IT!

I thought it was 500.

I agree - one of the best excursions ever.

Originally Posted by monumax

I wish the "Glitter and Be Gay" party would be a T-Dance and "The Saint" Retro dance was a night party. The glitter would sparkle in the sunlight, and the Retro would seem more like a disco at night.

I agree!

I have to admit I am not very thrilled by the glitter theme at all but sounds like a lot are so yay for that. I do totally agree these two should be swapped for disco night and t-dance glitter. I actually thought that was how they were going to do it at first. I know parties are somewhat flexible, I wonder if enough people suggested to RSVP a swap would be nice maybe they'd go for it.

I have to admit I am not very thrilled by the glitter theme at all but sounds like a lot are so yay for that. I do totally agree these two should be swapped for disco night and t-dance glitter. I actually thought that was how they were going to do it at first. I know parties are somewhat flexible, I wonder if enough people suggested to RSVP a swap would be nice maybe they'd go for it.

I think once they have published it the only flexibility is which day it happens on. ;) Remember when we had the full daily schedule by now? I guess we could all start suggesting...

I think once they have published it the only flexibility is which day it happens on. ;) Remember when we had the full daily schedule by now? I guess we could all start suggesting...

Any idea who is handling entertainment and activities now that Andy has retired?

I will repeat what I asked you on FB: any tips one where to get good glitter? As I said I bought some one time at a costume place in the city and it was lame.

Glittler can be found in your local target, Walgreens, in the MAKE-UP aisle. Possibly in the teen section. The best glitter is the finer the glitter the better. Mix the glitter in lotion, and spread all over.

Body Glitter would be perfect. Again this can be found in the makeup aisle.

LOOK also at Claires or Icing at your local mall.

Since this is a night party, and you want to be seen...silver, blue, red, would pick up light better. ALSO any type of fabric (sequin) or Mirrors, to reflect light would be best. THINK SILVER. THINK METALIC. THINK FUN!

Spray Glitter in a can is also available at local stores.

Just be careful, that glitter will GET over EVERYTHING. Be careful, packing/shipping, your glittler.

OK, so what excursions are people thinking of signing up for? It would be fun for us all to do the same one somewhere.

That was fun on the Caribbean Princess when the majority of people on the champagne catamaran excursion were from Cruise Critic!

I will dive in Curacao and most likely do Carnival - that takes up a good part of the day. Aruba is unplanned so far For us - and I think you and Bob are doing Dan's excursion.

Out of curiosity, are they still doing the lottery system??

The cabanas will be awarded by lottery. If you would like to be entered in the lottery, please send an email to info@rsvpvacations.com by January 18th with the following information:

* Full Name

* RSVP confirmation number and/or cabin number (listed on your payment confirmation)

* Cabana type desired – you may request more than one cabana type in the same email, however, only one cabana will be awarded per stateroom in the lottery. Be sure to indicate which cabana type is your first choice.

We will respond to all requests by January 25th to let you know if you have won a cabana in the lottery. If you win a cabana, you will be given further instructions as to how to secure the cabana.

Hello all. Jamie (and Mark) here.

We just booked the cruise as a last minute what-the-Hell because you never know when bad things can happen, as we already learned here. We spent most of today reading this forum from the beginning and catching up on the fun. You guys are the best and make these cruises all the better.

Although already hooked on cruising after a couple of cruises, this is Mark's first RSVP cruise so I had to fill him in on what the gossip, entertainment and history was all about, downplaying the negative of course. Generally, I've always been a fan of RSVP and try not to let glitches (or should that be bit**es) or conflicting personalities get in the way of a good time.

Because we only just booked with RSVP, we haven't yet received our HAL reservation number yet. RSVP tells me "any day". I just hope to get it before the 16th because I know there will be a run on certain limited capacity shore excursions and I at least want a fighting chance to book the ones we really want.

We're counting down the days and already talking about what to bring. And we'll stay tuned here for further advice.....

Archived