RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Okay, newbie here, but I've read every post on this thread! (also sent a couple pvt. messages to Boytjie but I can't keep harassing him now can I?!)

I’ve read about these “cabanas” and the lottery situation but truth be told, after reading so many posts and on different threads, I’m confused!! On the RSVP link, it states Submit shipboard cabana lottery entry – now through January 18th is that on land or on the ship itself? Nothing in life is free and if I understand correctly, the lottery is for the ‘choice’ cabanas but the standard charges still apply.

Not knowing if the door decorating is common or not, if anyone has ever seen this before, or done this, what types of things were done? (okay wait, just read it again……..”over the years………”) so what kinds of things have you avid cruisers done in the past???? Better yet, tell me about the ones that have won in the past! :D

“Unmentionables” Party – So leave your clothes in your room and make your way through the ship to the dance floor in your lingerie??? :o LOL!! *Be gentle with your reply…… Remember! First time ever on a cruise…….

Maybe we’ll just stay safe and take it all in and figure it out for the next time ‘cuz everyone I know that’s been on a cruise tells me once you do it, you’ll be hooked!!

I have been waiting for this for so long and now the panic is setting in THAT I KNOW NOTHING!!!!! Yikes! :eek:

Thanks Gentlemen!

We love newbies! It is like experiencing Christmas through your children (not that we have any).

We were nervous also our first RSVP cruise, but this is now like our 7th (or is it the 8th). It is what you make of it, but it will be fun if you just relax and try to experience it at your own pace. You will see guys in the "cafeteria" area at nite on their way to the dance in a thong or jock strap, while others are in jeans and T-shirts. I don't understand the thrill of a cabana...why be on a cruise and huddle in a cabana?

Welcome newbies! Ask away, we are here to help.

Door decorations? Take a look: http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/carib10/special/doors/doors.html Ours were the Olympic themed ones on page 5 - we had 4 cabins in a row decorated together.

For the Unmentionables: yes, you run around the ship in your underwear. We had a friend that was freaked out a bit about that too, but I told him what's the difference between tighty whities and a speedo? Take a look at : http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/carib09/maxdick/underwear/underwear.html

And for Church Bingo: proper head coverings are appropriate: http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/carib09/peter/day2atsea/day2atsea0002.html

I think the old-timers should contribute tips for the newbies - there is so much to find out.

Many of use print cruise cards - basically business cards with any contact information you may want to exchange with people you meet.

I usually create our own and print it on Avery business card stock, I use avery.com to also design it. You can select existing designs or make up your own. We usually have our picture on it, our cabin number and email and phone numbers.

Others use free online card sites like vistaprint.com but I have never needed anywhere near 250 cruise cards. :)

Welcome newbies!

For the Unmentionables: yes, you run around the ship in your underwear. We had a friend that was freaked out a bit about that too, but I told him what's the difference between tighty whities and a speedo? Take a look at : http://www.gaycruisepictures.com/carib09/maxdick/underwear/underwear.html

I thought those pictures looked familiar...they are my pictures! LOL :eek:

Okay, newbie here!

Ooh its a Virgin!

Yes to decorate your door. The main reason for door decoration is that you can find the damn thing when your 1/2 crock'd in the sack at 3:30a.m. comming back from northern lights. The halls start to look the same after awhile. MANY MANY times have I been thankful, for door decorations. "If you passed the Hello Kitty Door" your on the right floor!

Best Door Decorations are what you seem fit. We've done photos from past cruises, Dora the Explorer, ect.

Cruise Friendship Cards : Yes! handy to hand out to your new "friends" or soon to be friends, or to have on your night stand. Information can be simple or complex. Simple as your legal name and E-mail/Facebook information, and complex as your mobile phone, address, zip code, and model measurements. Best ones are the ones that have a mug shot aka photo of you, on them. I think my first year, I used my Drivers License, and just white-out on the copy, information I didn't want people to have.

Underwear/Leather night: You will see it all. AND I MEAN ALL OF IT. Frontal nudity, not so much, but thongs, wrongs, briefs, boxers, Jeans, Harnesses, well I think you get the picture. :eek: Make sure it is something you are comfortable in, and IS CLEAN. :cool:

Most important, have fun, enjoy yourself.

xo

Hippie!

OH MY! Totally appreciate the feedback!!! Keep it comin'!

I totally feel like a little kid learning new things! It's like bursting out of a bubble!

Re: Cabanas -- Completely agree! For us, it didn't seem logical to even try to win the cabana lotto. We looked over the "services included" with the cabanas and (again for us) didn't see the value in it.

I just don't want to feel like "oh, I should've tried to find out more about _______ so that we could've been prepared"

Like I said above, keep your *hints/tips/tricks* (well, I'm not asking to share your tricks..........LOL!) coming!

*totally absorbing everything...........

STRSSD, you won't be the only one -- this is only our second cruise so we're just getting the hang of it too. Best advice I ever read was "don't try to everything" and it's true. Of course, on our first cruise we did try to do everything and that's why we need to do a second one. :)

Just booking excursions now. Yeep, I keep forgetting how those add up!

(Hey STRSSD! I just noticed you're in Toronto too!)

Don

How early are people arriving before the cruise? I get there Tuesday 2/5.

We get down Wedneday 2/6. Staying at The Cabanas Guesthouse and Spa.

For excursions: We are doing the Dolphin Encounter in Caracao (really wanted to do the Swim, but it was too expensive), and after that maybe just going to a beach or relaxing in the afternoon by the pool.

In Aruba we are doing Dan's Catamaran.

Not paying the extra this year for the Carnival excursion, but depending on what else is going on may walk to it if there is a group interested in doing that.

I think all the excursions seem overpriced. I'm thinking of getting a cab to Cas Abou beach in Curacao. The snorkeling is supposedly good from the beach.

The Aruba stop is so short we may just shop and go to lunch. Supposedly the cruise terminal is within easy walking distance to shopping in Orangestadt.

Half Moon Cay snorkeling again. I have my own snorkeling equipment. Maybe a clam shell rental to get out of the sun.

We arrive the evening of the 6th and are staying with a friend.

I think all the excursions seem overpriced.

There are times when I book excursions through the ship and times when I do it independently. Just to go to a beach I would never do a ship's excursion.

The Aruba stop is so short we may just shop and go to lunch. Supposedly the cruise terminal is within easy walking distance to shopping in Orangestadt.

8 am to 4 pm is a pretty standard time to call on a Caribbean port. In 2010 we left earlier than 4 pm. There is a shopping area, restaurants and bars close to the cruise port.

Half Moon Cay snorkeling again. I have my own snorkeling equipment. Maybe a clam shell rental to get out of the sun.

I have not found snorkeling from the beach on HMC worth taking my equipment off the ship.

We will be arriving on 2/5. Staying at the Royal Palms.

Should a snow storm threaten, we are prepared to depart a day or two early.:eek::eek:

I am arriving on February 6th. I have already got the suitcases out and started going through my stock of costumes, and will be staying at the Extended Stay Hotel on 17th Street. Who else is staying out that way? BayAreaBC , that is the beach we went to 2 years ago on the cruise, I loved it and want to go back again this year. Max, we should get a group and meet up and walk to the parade. Welcome Brian & Jeff

We're arriving February 7, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, Dania Beach.

We've opted in to the carnival excursion in Curacao (on the strength of comments here), the Atlantis Submarine in Aruba (it got good reviews elsewhere), and the horseback riding at Half Moo Cay (because who doesn't like something big and muscular between your legs?).

First time with RSVP for my partner and I. We've looked into excursions but most seemed over priced. We would also like to join a group that may walk to the parties for Carnival.

Best Wishes,

Brian & Jeff

Welcome to our merry bunch! :)

Archived