RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Hey Guys!!

i'm sure you will, but...

when you receive the info about the cruise can you let me know?

my travel agent has "conveniently" gone on leave until mid-late Jan!!

which I am really pleased about.........

so I will not get any of the information until just before I leave.

god knows how i'm going to book any of these cool shore excursion things...

ah well

Steve

Steven,

When you get about a month out from the cruise, you should be able to call HAL directly and get your booking number. Once you have that, you can book excursions online and they should have one or two excursions that are RSVP exclusive.

Out of curiosity, are they still doing the lottery system??

Steve, I am sure as soon as we get the info someone on here will post it right away! :) When that happens you should be able to call RSVP to get your HAL booking number.

As for the lottery system, I think that is used for reserving cabanas on the ship and on Half Moon Cay only. I don;t recall anything else happening via lottery.

As for the lottery system, I think that is used for reserving cabanas on the ship and on Half Moon Cay only. I don;t recall anything else happening via lottery.

Ship Board cabanas only. We'll have to wait and see if they plan on doing it again.

We considered it, but most of them seem to ask for a 4 night minimum this time of year (makes sense - they don't want a room taken up for only half the weekend). One called The Cheston was apparently open for 2 night stays but we went with the Hilton Garden Inn as the pre-cruise group rate made it the best deal and because we're arriving late the first night.

Everything booked and settled now except excursions!

I booked at the Palm Plaza Resort :-) I can't wait!!! I need to escape this heat here in Australia!! 41degrees Celsius today (bout 106F)

Also... Typically how much money would one spend on this cruise? Is it like all the others with food included? And how much are the excursions usually?

I booked at the Palm Plaza Resort :-) I can't wait!!! I need to escape this heat here in Australia!! 41degrees Celsius today (bout 106F)

And here in New York we want to scape the cold - it has been below freezing the last few days. :eek:

Also... Typically how much money would one spend on this cruise? Is it like all the others with food included? And how much are the excursions usually?

It all depends on what you spend money on... how much you drink, spa services etc. As for excursion prices - you can look at HAL's excursions for the ports we are going to at http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ShoreExcursions.action Until we get booking numbers and have access to the actual excursion for our cruise you can get an idea of the price ranges at that web page.

Thursday at 9:00 -- we've left ourselves extra time just in case the weather is bad getting out of Toronto (fingers crossed it's not).

Plus it gives us exra time to check out Fort Lauderdale and stock up on necessities... like new shorts and flip-flops. ;)

What, they're hard to find in Toronto this time of year!

Thursday at 9:00 -- we've left ourselves extra time just in case the weather is bad getting out of Toronto (fingers crossed it's not).

Plus it gives us exra time to check out Fort Lauderdale and stock up on necessities... like new shorts and flip-flops. ;)

What, they're hard to find in Toronto this time of year!

And they can be hard to find in Ft. Lauderdale too! To them it's winter and they don't carry much beach stuff. I have mistakenly thought that I could buy nice sandals for the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale... never happened! You could always get swimwear etc at Gay Mart or Pride Factory and Old Navy may have cheap flip-flops on sale somewhere in a corner. :D

Good idea flying in early, we arrive Wednesday night. But keep an eye on the weather. I think it was 2010 when there were storms all over the Easter seaboard and we actually changed our flights and flew in a day earlier (no penalties for flight changes) and I worked remotely one day. People had a tough time getting into Ft. Lauderdale but I beleive everybody made it - luckily the ship departed a few hours late due to arriving late.

Ah, rats! Good point - I'd forgotten that. Better not count on doing my shopping there, then!

Many of the gay shops on Wilton Drive always have an adequate supply of beachwear. They always know when the gay cruises are departing. Keep in mind the Atlantis cruise departs the weekend prior to ours.

Good idea flying in early, we arrive Wednesday night. But keep an eye on the weather. I think it was 2010 when there were storms all over the Easter seaboard and we actually changed our flights and flew in a day earlier (no penalties for flight changes) and I worked remotely one day. People had a tough time getting into Ft. Lauderdale but I beleive everybody made it - luckily the ship departed a few hours late due to arriving late.

One guy couldn't get into FLL in time. He boarded the ship in Curacao. Jeff told me there were a few total cancellations.

Looks like RSVP/Atlantis is mixing up the entertainment a bit. I know Cashetta was on last year's RSVP cruise and he used to perform on Atlantis, and now I saw Brad Loekle the comedian talking about doing his first RSVP cruise (I'm assuming it's for the upcoming Caribbean cruise). With so many cruises clustered together in February/March for RSVP/Atlantis it will be interesting how the entertainment gets distributed. I saw the party announcements just happened for the Atlantis Caribbean cruise.

Big question is I wonder if Scott Nevins is going to return this year.

Always wise to arrive FLL a few days early, especially if you are flying out of cold and snow country. We normally arrive a minimum of three days prior to departure.

Oh, you can disrupted even when flying from warm weather country! Major flight disruptions can spread to other areas. And then there were the cases of people flying from California to Ft. Lauderdale via Dallas or Atlanta that had snow delays.

Looks like RSVP/Atlantis is mixing up the entertainment a bit. I know Cashetta was on last year's RSVP cruise and he used to perform on Atlantis, and now I saw Brad Loekle the comedian talking about doing his first RSVP cruise (I'm assuming it's for the upcoming Caribbean cruise).

I hope Cashetta's on this cruise. She was on the Atlantis Mexican Riviera cruise we did in 2010 and I wanted to see her (but ended up missing her shows - one of my goals for this cruise is to make sure I see the shows I want to!).

One of our Toronto comedians, Richard Ryder, is booked to play our cruise. He's definitely funny and I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

Don

Archived