Island Princess - 15 Day - Hawaii - Price

tbenson81

What is a good price for this cruise per person after all taxes and fees? Trying to find out if I got ripped off.

Category BA - Caribe deck

Thanks,

Tony

We booked the Island Princess 15 day Hawaii Cruise last November.... Category BA Caribe Deck sailing 10/23/05 for $2,115 plus a promo at that time with $150 onboard credit...

You are inline with the current pricing and IMHO are not getting ripped off and is a good price for the cruise only being 6 Mo. out.......

Sounds like a lot of you have some good TA's. I sesriously have went to about 20 online sites and the lowest was 2500 pp for BA and went to 2 TA's and their lowest was 2745. I called princess directly and they quoted 2745 as well

Sounds like a lot of you have some good TA's. I sesriously have went to about 20 online sites and the lowest was 2500 pp for BA and went to 2 TA's and their lowest was 2745. I called princess directly and they quoted 2745 as well

hmmmm I am paying close to that pp for a mini suite on the holiday voyage.... which is almost always more expensive....plus a $100 onboard credit. I booked 11 months in advance. But it is all supply & demand... is the sailing almost sold out? Yes, I have a great TA. I can't tell you who she is, but I found her by doing a search on this board. She is in the archives from before we couldn't recommend ta's. I think I searched "TA good deals Princess" or something to that affect.

Princess cruise - Hawaii - October 2005

I paid 2500 per person after all taxes and fees. This is cheaper than travelocity, orbitz and expedia who are asking 2795 for a BA - but I am pretty sure I could have done better.

My online TA is listing both Island Princess OCT 2005 cruises for (BA) @ $2,334.25 pp total.

Prices have been rising since I booked, many months ago. Early booking seems to have best rates.

Thanks.

Can Someone explain to me why the AC Mini Suites are priced higher then the AB Mini Suites on most of the Island Princess sailings? AB's are more mid ship on that deck and you would think they would be priced more not less then the aft AC ones, both category Cabins appear to be the same square footage.

I'm looking at the Dolphin Deck.

Jimbo:)

Not a clue my friend..........sorry!:o

Thanks.

Can Someone explain to me why the AC Mini Suites are priced higher then the AB Mini Suites on most of the Island Princess sailings? AB's are more mid ship on that deck and you would think they would be priced more not less then the aft AC ones, both category Cabins appear to be the same square footage.

I'm looking at the Dolphin Deck.

not sure where you are looking but I see on one site that I usually look for prices and as of today the AB is higher than the AC but only by about 65 dollars for the March 22 sailing 2580 vs 2685

PSW......November 7th 2005 Looks like the AC's are about $270pp more then the AB's............also on that same sailing there are some Balcony Cabins that start with the letter B.............. like BD, BB, BA and BH that cost more then the Category AB which is a Mini Suite.........all those B category Cabins are much smaller cabins also.........I just can't figure out the way Princess prices their Category Cabins...........Just makes no sense. But then again what do I know?

Even the inside cabins on that sailing are priced higher then the MiniSuites.( Categories M, N, and L).

It's almost like they want to sell the more expensive(larger suites) cabins out first. Do alot of these 15 day cruises go out half empty or something?

Prices will vary a lot depending on sailing date and how far in advance you book.

A lot also depends on what you consider "all inclusive". We are booked on the Island Princess for the December 7, 2005 Hawaii cruise in a category BE. We have cabin E625 with the larger balcony. The booking was done onboard as an open booking well over a year ago. Here is a break down of our cost.

Cost of cruise pp: $1874.75

Port charges/govt. fees pp: $300.00

Taxes pp: $39.25

Princess Travel Care Gold Insurance pp: $169.00

TOTAL COST Per Person: $2383.00

We also receive the onboard bookingcredit of $200.00 plus an additional onboard credit of $150.00

In addition my TA tracks prices and will pass along any decrease in the price prior to final payment.

Your best advice is to shop around and decide what is a good price for you. Remember that the Island Princess to Hawaii is a "hot" item and some sailings will sell out early.

Stan

Jimbo, I wondered the same thing when we booked our Island 3/20 cruise. We booked Cat BE (large balcony, aft, Emerald deck). It was less than the inside and outside cabins, we had friends who were thinking about joining us and could not believe it. I have no clue what the rationale is. On our 1/13 upcoming Coral cruise, we wanted the same Cat BE, but it is a LOT more expensive than the Cat BA that we eventually booked. Our TA is looking out for lower prices on the BE, I would prefer it. I was not in a minisuite on the Island, but our CC friends said that it was not much bigger than our category BE. I would guess that it is about the same size as the standard balcony cabins we are used to on RCI (Couch, etc), but it does have a bathtub.

And, my price of $3950 for both of us for E625 included all port charges, taxes, fees, but not insurance, we got that independently. We sailed on 3/20. We also had the $200 shipboard credit. We booked early....

:rolleyes: So I asked the previous Island cruisers what side of the ship provides the best opportunity for views of the islands based on the itinerary we have and of course:rolleyes: I booked the wrong side! LOL

So now we have gone from a "BC" to an "AC" mini as there were no starboard cabins in the cat. left:eek: So todays price was 6221.55 for all 3 of us, 200.00 deposit and a $50.00 cabin credit. It still averages out to 2073.85 each which is not bad.

Happy Cruising!

Archived