Island Princess - 15 Day - Hawaii - Price

tbenson81

Princess cruise - Hawaii - October 2005

I paid 2500 per person after all taxes and fees. This is cheaper than travelocity, orbitz and expedia who are asking 2795 for a BA - but I am pretty sure I could have done better.

I am just trying to figure out how much better.

It also depends on when you booked the cruise (comparing it someone who booked a Celebrity cruise previously). Cruises booked several months ago may be cheaper then someone who books a cruise today for the same time period. Prices seem to be inching up recently.

For the same cruise, we paid $3950 total for the two of us, Cat BE, on the Emerald Deck, larger balcony than the Cat BA, and totally covered, which we like. Our cruise was 3/20/05. You can still check all kinds of websites, you are way beyond your cancellation time. Just get online and go from there.

It isn't out of the question that you will see a price reduction between now and final payment. Technically, you haven't paid anything yet, so keep an eye on pricing. You might also see prices go up dramatically, as they have done on our August cruise. I read on another site (more cruise news oriented) that cruise lines still believe pricing is far below what it should be.

Dorothy, I'm tired!! too much work....you would be the one to know if the money was worth it....we just had the standard balcony cabin...but the balcony was bigger than balconies in a higherm category....I'm now looking at prices cause we think we are going on the 1/13 paratial Canal on the Coral (twin to the Island). It is difficult to figure things out....we wanted a Cat BE like we had before and it is MORE than the CAt BA, BC and BD. Go figure!! I'm still working on the numbers and keeping a chart...hopefully tomorrow I'll book something....

I have been on The Coral before and I know you will love it. I don't understand Princess's pricing sometimes - it doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't pay as much as I did for that minisuite again. Like I said, your BE was great. I'd try for that bigger balcony again.

I guess you are not going on the May 3 with the others? Now talk about a pricey cruise - that one on The Coral is pretty expensive.:confused:

Larry, sorry to hear of the loss in your family.

Coral makes a very valid point, prices still are all over the board. Last week we got some Princess e-mail specials advetising $399 for 7 day Alaska trips!

Getting back to Hawaii, when we started looking to book a trip last year Celebrity was close to $1000.00 less than Princess, go figure. We paid $1675 p/p for a balcony, a 14 day R/T with Celebrity. we were lucky enough to get in just before the price increase.

I cruise back and forth between Celebrity and Princess and consistantly find that Celebrity prices are less then Princess. I can't figure that out at all, with all the reviews of Celebrity over Princess ships. I don't see the difference too much between the two cruiselines, enjoy them both very much but the price difference is usually quite a bit lower Celebrity vs Princess.

To Gizmodog: I just checked pricing on my frequently used internet T/A and they only listed a suite in Jan '06 for $4500 pp on the Summit. In April they had CC class for $3400/pp. Looks like you got a great bargain. I'm booked on the Island for Jan '06 for $2300 PP for a Mini Suite. Not so bad since the Island is 15 days and you are 14 but I don't have that cabin credit. We have a few more hours in Ensenada to do a little shopping. Looks like you are in port for an hour so I wonder if they will even leave you off the ship. In '01 we cruised to Hawaii both spring and fall and preferred the spring (April) better than fall. There was more rain, flowers, rainbows, and waves than in the fall which seemed dryer. Enjoy your bargain...

John L.

I have been to every cruise / TA website on the net and am not seeing any prices close to 2200 per person after all taxes and fees for the Island - Princess - October sailing. Is anyone able to get this price or cheaper than this now or did you just get a better price because you booked a long time ago? Thanks

I did some looking around (for what that's worth) and couldn't find anything better than what you paid. Actually you were about 300 less than what I could come up with. I think you have got a good price there, even now.

September 05 Hawaii 15 Nights

Island Princess Aloha Deck Balcony $ 2200 all included.:) I'm happy with that, plus a $150 onboard Credit makes it even better.

Let Princess and your TA make some Money

Berliner

Archived