Bus dropoff in Floence?

DeepFreeze63

Hi:

We're taking Regent's "Florence On Your Own" excursion in May. Is there a standard place where Regent buses drop/meet those on their excursions in Florence? It'll be Pentecost Sunday so advance planning is probably needed even though we've spent a week there (30 years ago) We're thrilled to be going back, even for a day. Thanks!

Jim C

Drop off location is helpful to plan your day....locate on a map the beginning of your compelete "Battle Plan" for making your way thru the "Must See" sites and knowing or attempting to know the location and direction to go to see as much as possible and enjoy the day! :). JMHO (i am sure a glass of wine will be involved at some point)

Ok so I just like to know "where the heck I am and where the heck I think I want to go :)

Thanks Nana541! I would have said the same things.

In addition, it'll be Pentecost Sunday when we're there and lots of places (including where we would like that glass of Brunello di Montalcino) might be closed; so planning may help make our day in Florence even more enjoyable.

jim C

Thanks Nana541! I would have said the same things.

In addition, it'll be Pentecost Sunday when we're there and lots of places (including where we would like that glass of Brunello di Montalcino) might be closed; so planning may help make our day in Florence even more enjoyable.

jim C

:) thank goodness I will have my Sea Day on Easter Sunday!

We did the "Florence on your Own" this past summer. The bus stopped several blocks away and we walked a fairly good distance to the central part of Florence with the Regent guide. The first stop was a jewelry/leather store. Then the guide told us we were on our own and would meet back at the store at the end of the day to walk back again to the bus. I can't remember exactly where the jewelry store was, but it was close to all the major areas of Florence. We had been to Florence before so this was a perfect excursion for us to do it on our own. We did notice long lines everyplace, so if you want to visit any particular attractions you should either do the guided excursion (not on your own) or buy separate admission tickets in advance.

Archived