Ships From N.Y. Only Going To Kings Warf/WHY?

timh111

I have not been to Bermuda since 1995 aboard the (then)NCL Dreamward. On the Dreamward, we stopped in St. George and Hamilton. I have been doing some research and it seems that all the ships from N.Y. to Bermuda in 2013 only go to Kings Warf. Back in 1995, there was pretty much nothing going on in Kings Warf and we always rode our scooters to Hamilton and St. George. How come there's no more Hamilton stops? Anyone know?:confused:

Ships are too big now to get into Hamilton or St. George. The new pier at Kings Wharf is really nice and transportation is really handy at that pier. Buses, taxies, and scooters are all available within walking distance. Kings Wharf has developed over the past years and has many stores and restaurants. The bus and ferry pass is reasonably priced and allows easy access to the entire island. The bus system also offers an express bus to Horseshoe Bay for a full day of swimming and beach fun.

The Veendam not only docks in Hamilton, it stays in Bermuda for a day more than the other ships from NYC, which take 2 days to sail down. It's really convenient to just step off the ship into town. Having said that, I booked Summit for this year's Bermuda trip ... just for a change of pace.

Archived