Another Insurance Question..

IwannaGo Now

For a Hawaii cruise RT from San Diego, what do you guys recommend for travel Insurance. Seeing it will be mostly in the US, (except for Ensanada) my Medical will be covered. Really trying to figure this one out!:confused:

Thanks

But while you are onboard the ship you are on foreign soil, so to speak. Any medical attention that you get on board wouldn't be covered by your medical insurance unless it has a clause stating that it would.

Trip insurance covers a lot more than just medical. You have cancellation coverge if you need to cancel before the cruise begins. And there is also trip delay, lost bags, etc.

We never leave home without it!

My husband was treated in the Medical Clinic last April on the Equinox. Even though he was wheeled in there minutes before docking in Fort Lauderdale, our health insurer (Tufts) denied the claim because we were on a cruise ship and Tufts considered the cruise ship 'out of the country/out of network.' Fortunately, we ALWAYS purchase insurance through the cruiseline, so we were able to submit the claim to Berkley Care(?) after Tufts denied the claim. As Char mentioned, the travel insurance covers so much more than medical, too.

For a Hawaii cruise RT from San Diego, what do you guys recommend for travel Insurance. Seeing it will be mostly in the US, (except for Ensanada) my Medical will be covered. Really trying to figure this one out!:confused:

Thanks

Take the following into consideration:

1. Cost of airfare to you port (if driving parking)

2.Cost of cruise

3.Your & traveling parties overall health

4.Health of close family (I have a 92 y/o mil so cancellation because of HER health has to be considered)

5.Your luggage & what is contained therein

Then check your Homeowners policy & various credit cards(many elite cards offer some insurance if you pay for the trip on that specific card)

go to insuremytrip.com & get quotes

Carole

Just a quick tidbit of trip insurance advice. I have used a service called tripinsurancestore.com. They are an insurance broker who will ask for particulars on your trip and your needs and decide from several insurance companies which would be the best fit for you both coverage wise and cost wise. They have a toll free number on there web site and have always been helpful to me.

Thank you CCers....I hadn't considered that the ship was not in the "US".

Time to shop for insurance...

Check your current policy...that is, read it, don't assume that the high level summary is accurate.

You may find that you have some coverage outside the US. Now, if it's medicare, you're out of luck, but if it's not, you may be surprised.

Most people have no idea what their insurance really covers before medicare.....and once you are on medicare A, B, D, medigap and/or medicare advantage, there is no chance of understanding how you are covered.

Archived