Can you do a GTY for adjacent rooms?

CarolinaMamma

There seem to be some great rates for Oceanview and balcony guarantees. We are a family of 5 so will always need 2 cabins. (unless we book the lovely m-class aft FV cabin for 5, which we have for our upcoming Alaska cruise.)

Will we ever be able to take advantage of the lovely last-minute guarantee rates and say, "just put us in any 2 adjacent cabins, anywhere," or will we always have to pick specific cabins (for higher rates) if we want them next to each other?

There seem to be some great rates for Oceanview and balcony guarantees. We are a family of 5 so will always need 2 cabins. (unless we book the lovely m-class aft FV cabin for 5, which we have for our upcoming Alaska cruise.)

Will we ever be able to take advantage of the lovely last-minute guarantee rates and say, "just put us in any 2 adjacent cabins, anywhere," or will we always have to pick specific cabins (for higher rates) if we want them next to each other?

No.way to guarantee adjacent cabins when booking gty.

I booked 2 guaranteed cabins a few years back. At the time of booking, they would not guarantee that they would be on the same floor let alone next to each other but when the cabins was assigned, they were side-by-side. If it were me, I would make sure there was a category I could afford and was available to switch to if the guaranteed cabin assignments didn't work out. Even if the cabins aren't adjacent, maybe one of the assigned cabins could be close enough to a cheaper inside cabin for it to work. Once a cabin is assigned you can also ask to move to any available cabin within that same category. Another problem I find is that it is sometimes hard to get a guarantee for 3 people/cabin. Maybe it's easier with the S class?

When Yu book a guarantee, how far in advance of the cruise do they let you know your actual cabin number?

We had ours within 2 days. I think the majority are assigned fairly quickly but from what I've read here, it can sometimes take a while.

Archived