NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

I know I'm not a current New Yorker, but I wanted to see if anyone is traveling on RCI Explorer of the Seas out of Port Liberty June 19. On our cruise last summer we didn't meet any other gay or lesbian couples. But of course we still had a fantastic time and made many friends. But we are also fairly new to cruising so we didn't know about any FOD meetings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good morning fellow NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers....

How has everyone been so far this summer and what are you all up to?

Anyone cruising this year or already booked for next? If so, what ship, itinerary and dates?

Let's play catch up and see if we can bring some life to this thread.

I know us New Yorkers aren't this quiet!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning fellow NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers....

How has everyone been so far this summer and what are you all up to?

Anyone cruising this year or already booked for next? If so, what ship, itinerary and dates?

Let's play catch up and see if we can bring some life to this thread.

I know us New Yorkers aren't this quiet!!!

To answer my own questions.....

This summer has been very quiet for us and seems to be moving by rather quickly.

We've been mainly working but have done Jones Beach twice, and today we'll be at our very first BBQ of the season.

We have had one cruise with just the two of us far this year and it was GREAT!

We did the Carnival Breeze in May which ported in Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Key West and Grand Cayman were new for us and to Cozumel it was our third visit. We stayed in Miami for three days prior to sailing and that was also a new experience.

Our second cruise this year is coming up in about 3 weeks. We are doing the Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ and it will be our first time cruising from there. This will also be our longest sailing at 9 days. Our stop in St. Maarten will be our first visit, but we will be returning to Bermuda, Old San Juan and Labadee. This is our annual group cruise and there are 14 of us. Anyone else happen to be on this sailing leaving August 14?

As for next year we are already booked for two. The cruise for just the two of us will be April 19, 2015 out of San Juan on the Carnival Valor. It's a 7 day with only one sea day as we will he visiting 5 ports, three of which will be new to us! :-) St. Thomas and St. Maarten (return trips), St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Barbados (all new). We plan to stay in San Juan at least 2 days before sailing.

Lastly, our second 2015 cruise is our annual group cruise that we host. This will be our 5th one so we are planning some special activities for our group of 28 (thus far). We are also headed back to Fort Lauderdale for this one as we cruise the Oasis of the Seas. In 2012 we did our 3rd annual group cruise on her sister ship and had a great time. It will be the same itinerary, Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel but we will find something different to do at each port. We will also fly down a day or two before we set sail.

Well, so far this year I sailed solo on the Carnival Splendor out of NYC...they said the furnishings were PINK and over the top...and that they were!

On October 2nd I sail out of Istanbul on the Celebrity Constellation to the Black Sea and Mediterranean...also solo...but have been contacted by two fellows in London who will also be on that sailing. Pied Piper has a group going on the sailing right before...but I could not fit that one into my schedule...so I'll see them all disembark!

HLR

• 3 months later...
What is everyone's cruise plans for the rest of the year? I just booked the Allure of the Seas for December 7, 2014.

We loved the Allure. It's our favorite of the 9 sailings we've done thus far.

We are booked on the Quantum of the Seas 3 day sampler which sales in two weeks. I'm thinking about booking the 2 day sampler which sails right after. It would give us a long weekend and our first B2B.

I just found this thread and it's nice to see a few members of the tribe that like to cruise - on ships. I enjoyed cruising with the family when I was younger and hadn't gone in several years until this June on Explorer. Needless to say the fire has been completely reignited and I have been booking and planing constantly. Even did the same trip in September.

Currently living in Brooklyn with a roommate (str8) and my office is in Manhattan.

Booked on Breakaway this weekend (11/16) for the 7 day Florida and Bahamas, the price was so good who could refuse and I happened to have the week off. So here I go for the first time completely by myself.

Anyway I'll be following the thread and if anyone is going out on Sunday it would be great to get a drink or something. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved the Allure. It's our favorite of the 9 sailings we've done thus far.

We are booked on the Quantum of the Seas 3 day sampler which sales in two weeks. I'm thinking about booking the 2 day sampler which sails right after. It would give us a long weekend and our first B2B.

Have a great time on Quantum. Be sure to let us know how you like it!

I just found this thread and it's nice to see a few members of the tribe that like to cruise - on ships. I enjoyed cruising with the family when I was younger and hadn't gone in several years until this June on Explorer. Needless to say the fire has been completely reignited and I have been booking and planing constantly. Even did the same trip in September.

Currently living in Brooklyn with a roommate (str8) and my office is in Manhattan.

Booked on Breakaway this weekend (11/16) for the 7 day Florida and Bahamas, the price was so good who could refuse and I happened to have the week off. So here I go for the first time completely by myself.

Anyway I'll be following the thread and if anyone is going out on Sunday it would be great to get a drink or something. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy the Breakaway. I had a great time on there. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

• 4 weeks later...
Have a great time on Quantum. Be sure to let us know how you like it!

Hey there...

We had a GREAT time on Quantum for a variety of reasons. One being the fact that we have fun no matter where we go, because we wouldn't have it any other way. Two, we also had a great group...as we were having a reunion with friends we made on other sailings. As for the ship, although not my favorite, Allure still wins that hands down, it is a beauty. The decor and feel is every zen like. They used a lot of earth tones and the modern subtleties.

All the whistle and bells that were advertise are pretty much on point. Check in was easy, the 'smart' features were decent and the bumper cars, iFly and indoor pool are wonderful additions. The new Dynamic Dining was also easy and the food choices were nice to have at the different dining venues. As with all cruises some food was good, while others you could live with out. The only real down side to our Quantum sailing was not being able to ride the North Star. It kept having mechanical difficulties on the 3 days we sailed.

Overall I would recommend this ship as one to sail, but then again I would recommend EVERY ship we've sailed because I am a true believer that everyone needs to experience things for themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cruising solo on the Norwegian Gem February 18, 2015. Last minute deal that made the single supplement more bearable. Any others traveling on this sailing?

The consensus seems to be that either it is going to be very crowded with kids because it is school break in NY, or empty because parents are not going to want to take their kids out of school for a 9 night cruise. I'm hoping for empty so I can get an upgrade on my oceanview guarantee!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just found this thread so thought I would pipe up. I am in Manhattan. I got my partner interested in cruising 10 years ago after many years of not cruising because he did not like his last outing. He passed away a few years ago but I have been trying to make the annually feb trip doing solos. With that I have been cruising on NCL due to the single rates. Next Feb I am on the Escape to get away from the cold. I usually just do a little shopping but stay onboard most of the time.

/G

Just found this thread so thought I would pipe up. I am in Manhattan. I got my partner interested in cruising 10 years ago after many years of not cruising because he did not like his last outing. He passed away a few years ago but I have been trying to make the annually feb trip doing solos. With that I have been cruising on NCL due to the single rates. Next Feb I am on the Escape to get away from the cold. I usually just do a little shopping but stay onboard most of the time.

/G

Just curious, how do you like the larger Breakaway class ship? The solo cabins are fantastic, but I found it just too big and prefer to search for a regular cabin at a good price in the smaller Gem (because cruising out of NYC is so convenient!)

Just curious, how do you like the larger Breakaway class ship? The solo cabins are fantastic, but I found it just too big and prefer to search for a regular cabin at a good price in the smaller Gem (because cruising out of NYC is so convenient!)

I was on the Epic 2 years ago and had a great time, enjoyed the entertainment. Last year I was on the much smaller Sun and although I had a good time the ship was showing it's age. Being a NYer small ship entertainment is a bit of a letdown and when your going Solo, evening entertainment is higher on the list. In all the years I have been causing I only once sailed out of NY for a Canadian cruise..

Just wanted to say Hi. We'll be moving back to NYC in a few months and we love cruising. We also love to go on cruises. :rolleyes:

What's the very best ship and itinerary?

Also....

Anyone doing an all-gay cruise?

My favorite ship is Allure of the Seas!; Oasis of the Seas is a close second and then I love Quantum of the Seas and Carnival Breeze. Now if your talking current NYC ships only then Norwegian Breakwater it is. I tend to like the bigger newer ships the best since there's much more to do on them. My favorite ports thus far have been St. Maarten and Bermuda. I love and prefer the islands but we've sailed to Canada before and that was pretty nice too.

Welcome back to NYC ... soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk