NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

Nice! A few weeks back we did a trip to Florida and Bahamas on NCL Gem. It was only out second cruise though...your list is never ending lol

So how was the GEM? I Live in Jersey City and sailing with a friend on the GEM on Saturday. FOD Meetings?

Did you get a spa pass and was it worth it? I know there is free steam in the locker room of the gym too. I'm sure there will be lots of kids on this sailing.

Also sailing solo on the Carnival Elation the day after Southern Decadence in New Orleans Labor Day weekend.

HLR

My partner and I did a FOD meeting the first night on the ship, and there were lots in attendance, but not really our scene. Plus we had my brother and his fiancé with us so that added a whole other flavor to our trip with those two :)

I honestly loved the cruise. It's funny because my parents heard about how fun the trip was and they'll be sailing on Saturday with you, lol.

There weren't lots of kids on the June sailing, but there might be on this one. There's so much to do on the ship I barely noticed. Have a great sailing!

My partner and I did a FOD meeting the first night on the ship, and there were lots in attendance, but not really our scene. Plus we had my brother and his fiancé with us so that added a whole other flavor to our trip with those two :)

I honestly loved the cruise. It's funny because my parents heard about how fun the trip was and they'll be sailing on Saturday with you, lol.

There weren't lots of kids on the June sailing, but there might be on this one. There's so much to do on the ship I barely noticed. Have a great sailing!

I'll look for them! Like we'd ever find anyone... Alas it looks like kid city....the roll call for this sailling is all "I'm coming with my husband and our two kids...or three kids...or new born...or three teenagers and their friends...." The roll call for this particular sailing [and I find most in the US and Caribbean] are sooooo lame compared with European roll calls where people really connect and set up meet ups and shore excursions through private groups...I guess the nature of the activities is very different in Europe than "the Beach". I was referred to as the "shore excursion guru" on my last Mediterranean cruise as I did off the beaten path trips to little towns and such in Italy and France and Spain...and gained followers like the Pied Piper!

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I live in nNYC and am a cruiser with special love for transatlantic. Just back from QM2 (LOVED IT) and am thinking of HAL Noordam 10/31 Rome to Florida transatlantic but m not sure how HAL is for LGTB singles.

CN anyone clue me in? Thanks...

Stu

We're all booked for our next one!

Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ 9 Day to Bermuda AND the Caribbean. So on August 14, 2014 we will start our sailing to Bermuda, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico and Haiti!

Maybe over the course of the next year some of my fellow NY Metro LGBT forum members will end up booking the same sailing. A girl can dream..........:D

Hi Everyone!

So I am thinking we should consider having our 2nd Group Meetup soon! The first one was over a year ago at Uncle Charlies and a good time was had (I missed it due to work, but since I started this thread, I figure I will get the next one going)

Perhaps we can even consider doing this as a social thing more frequently if we really enjoy each others company! :)

Hopefully we could even take a Cruise Critic NYC Metro Area Group Group Cruise.....don't try saying that too fast!

So what do you all think? Dates? Locations?

Paul

PS - I added many of you to my contacts and friend requested if anyone wants to shoot me a private message about this as well!

:)

• 1 month later...
Hi mt boys. Do you have any cruises coming up? What line do you like to cruise on?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, we have a few booked. We leave this Saturday, Nov 16 for a 13-night Mediterranean/Adriatic sailing on Celebrity Silhouette. Rome, Livorno, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice (overnight), Ravenna, Catania, Naples and back to Rome. Three sea days in there as well. We have sailed Celebrity once previously, a two-nighter, so this will be the longest sailing we've taken on Celebrity, AND, the longest sailing period, as all the rest of ours have been 7 nights or shorter.

The other two we have booked are a 5-nighter on Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa next November to Grand Cayman and Cozumel (plus two sea days), and an 11-nighter on Norwegian Pearl on Jan 22, 2015 to the Southern Caribbean, round trip Miami to St Thomas, St Lucia, St Kitts, Aruba and Curacao, with 5 sea days.

Preferred cruise line is Royal Caribbean and we do like Celebrity. Also like Norwegian. Have sailed Carnival and, while the sailings were fine, I won't go out of my way to book them. I just really like other lines' ships better...the layout, décor and design. Would like to try Princess sometime.

Hi! We are mid-30s and got addicted to cruising after trying one out a few years. We live in Raleigh and actually leaving on Freedom of the Seas on Sunday. This is our first trip on RCCL so really looking forward to seeing the difference between it and Carnival.

I haven't ever cruised out of Charleston even though that would be REALLY convenient.

Would love to see about getting a group of North Carolinians together!

Wow mtn boys that's a lot of cruising coming up. I would love to be able to vacation that much. I work for a school district so I am forced to cruise during peak times, although I am taking a few days off before spring break to save us $400 on our cruise in April.

UNC- we decided to cruise out of charleston bc of the short drive and after dealing with spring break traffic last year to port canaveral I decided I wouldn't go anywhere near ga/fl on 95 during spring break. I think it would be so much fun to get some nc cruisers together for a group cruise. I'd be up for that!!

Wow mtn boys that's a lot of cruising coming up. I would love to be able to vacation that much. I work for a school district so I am forced to cruise during peak times, although I am taking a few days off before spring break to save us $400 on our cruise in April.

UNC- we decided to cruise out of charleston bc of the short drive and after dealing with spring break traffic last year to port canaveral I decided I wouldn't go anywhere near ga/fl on 95 during spring break. I think it would be so much fun to get some nc cruisers together for a group cruise. I'd be up for that!!

I really plan FAAAAAR in advance. The cruise we are leaving on next week I booked 19 months ago. And by the time we get to the January 2015 cruise, we will have waited about the same amount of time or longer. It keeps me sane to have things booked and to be able to look forward to them. Having things booked that far out makes me have to really watch my vacation leave balance because I know I have to have a certain amount of days to cover my planned trips! So I project my leave out to cover those trips and know whether or not I'll have any extra to be able to take a day off here or there...which most of the time I don't have!

UNC, have fun on your cruise this weekend! RCCL is my preferred line, I LOVE their ships compared to Carnival. On both Carnival ships I was on, it took me several days to remember that there were only certain decks that you could get from one end of the ship to the other. Royal's ships are laid out much better and their centrum areas are much nicer. We love the Royal Promenade found on some of Royal's ships!

Edited by NC Mtn Boys

• 1 month later...
anyone still with us? nothing since Sept 2013!

Hey there....

I'm still here a bit and booked on 2 cruises in the new year. We're doing the Carnival Breeze out of Miami in May, and Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ in August. It will be our first time cruising from the NJ port.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!