NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

Sorry! :p

I'm leaving in less than 3 weeks aboard NCL Epic for a Western Mediterranean cruise - can't wait!

Taking the same cruise but sadly 1 month after you Atilla. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and what to do/not do. Are you staying pre or post cruise in Barcelona? We are going a couple days early to enjoy the city for the first time. Have done Rome before but not any of the other ports on this itinerary and VERY excited to explore the Naples, Florence & Monte Carlo areas!

Hi Dana and Sharine -

Your wedding photos are so lovely! You both look so happy in the pictures. I can't think of a better place to get married than a ship.

I hope to meet you on the 20th - it will be great to hear your story in person.:)

Thanks.

Although most of the CC users that I've met on here and who marry on board a cruise ship seem to choose Carnival, we believe Norwegian did an excellent job. We were very happy with the outcome but I must say even if you love cruising, a cruise ship wedding is not for everyone. For those who need to have total control and need answers like yesterday, then a cruise ship wedding would just be stress waiting to happen.

The best part of it all though was cruising with 12 of our closest family and friends right after the wedding. It was my first group cruise and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to our second group cruise this upcoming August and we actually have double the guest.

More than likely we won't be at meet-n-greet this week but we hope you have a great turn out!

Taking the same cruise but sadly 1 month after you Atilla. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and what to do/not do. Are you staying pre or post cruise in Barcelona? We are going a couple days early to enjoy the city for the first time. Have done Rome before but not any of the other ports on this itinerary and VERY excited to explore the Naples, Florence & Monte Carlo areas!

We will be in Barcelona for 2 days pre-cruise. None of my family has visited any of these ports and with the exception of me, this will be all of their first times to set foot in Europe! I think the ports sound fantastic, but I'm nervous that we'll be exhausted after such long days. Living in the Midwest, the rest of my family isn't used to walking that much either, so we'll see how far we get :)

I don't know if I'll have the energy to post a full cruise review afterwards, but feel free to let me know your email address and I'd love to trade some tips before and after!

Unfortunately I can't make it as I am working...but is this just a couples thing? It sounds like it...and I'm a single...

HLR

No, it's a cruise thing! ;)

It seems that many attending are coupled (my partner may show up) but singles are just as welcome as couples (or moresomes).

Well yea!

Hopefully this will turn into something and I can make the next one! I am sailing in July on RCL with two friends out of Baltimore...will be teaching Ballroom classes.

Howard

I should be there with my other half in tow.

So we're meeting at Uncle Charlies at 6pm at 139 East 45th Street, correct? Never been there. Will it be busy enough at Happy Hour that it will be difficult to find one another? If so, and you happen to see a 6'4" half Scottish/Irish and half Japanese dude wandering aimlessly about, tap me on the shoulder!

Edited by RickinNYC

Bugs Bunny: "Unga bunga binga inga binga binga bunga!"

I'll def be there. Still don't know whether my partner will be available; he's grading a ton of state exams (teacher).

I have NO idea how to identify you folks, so I'll just look for those that have "Cruise Critic" stamped on their foreheads and hope for the best!

See you all at 6.

Edited by RickinNYC

Bugs Bunny: "Unga bunga binga inga binga binga bunga!"

I'll def be there. Still don't know whether my partner will be available; he's grading a ton of state exams (teacher).

I have NO idea how to identify you folks, so I'll just look for those that have "Cruise Critic" stamped on their foreheads and hope for the best!

See you all at 6.

Look for someone with name tags and a Sharpie - it would be me.

2245741830102790654S200x200Q85.jpg

A fun evening at Uncle Charlie's with about 12 of us attending. It was really nice meeting everyone and putting a face to the CC id. And to find out that someone lived on our block in Brooklyn!

We should do this again soon. :)

Enjoyed meeting everyone last night. Maybe the next meet-up should be a cruise that we all book? ;) As I mentioned last night, QM2 sails from Brooklyn, so that's really convenient for several of you.

Just a 10 minute cab ride for us (and Phillip!)