NY Metro Area LGBT Cruisers

paulypride

Congratulations to all for setting this up - as an ex-New Yorker, I'm just mad I couldn't have been there! I know how hard it is to make events like that work in the city, and I'm glad it turned out to be worth it.

But I have to ask: when did Uncle Charlie's come back? I used to love both uptown and downtown, but thought they'd gone away years and years ago!

And personally, I think the next one should be Sunday, June 30, but that's only because that's the day we pull in on the QM2.

For a first shot at getting this put together it turned out to be a very nice gathering and Scott and I wanted to thank all that attended for making us feel welcome. We still would like to host a future event as we find a "home" atmosphere to be easier to have conversations. (Uncle Charlie's was surprisingly loud IMO) special shout out to Peter for the name tags!

I did not remember till after some people had already left that I meant to pass cruise/business cards around. If anyone wants to contact me a I have an email address in my profile.

Phillip, just let us know when will be a good time to ply him with drink at Branded Saloon to help convince him to go on a cruise. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We live in Rochester. Technically it's still in NY...LOL. Last November we went on the Silhouette out of Bayonne, and just booked NCL for 11/16/12 out of NYC. Looking forward to it. I really enjoy not have to fly to the port, and it was so convenient just driving down the night before.

Kevin and Ed

Welcome....yes I suppose that also allows you more money to spend on the actual

Vacation.

I am sorry I missed the meet up. work reared its ugly head.

So who is crusing where next? My husband and I are

On a Canada cruise in June on the carnival glory.

I know carnival gets a bad rap but we always have a great time

For a great price!

Welcome....yes I suppose that also allows you more money to spend on the actual

Vacation.

I am sorry I missed the meet up. work reared its ugly head.

So who is crusing where next? My husband and I are

On a Canada cruise in June on the carnival glory.

I know carnival gets a bad rap but we always have a great time

For a great price!

Our next cruise is this August on the Carnival Miracle. It's our first time on that ship and in those ports (St. Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk). We also have our sights set on the Norwegian Breakaway even though it is pretty pricey. However, we'd love to try a new ship and doing so out of our home port is even sweeter. Lastly, my dream cruise is still the Oasis of the Seas....one day perhaps, one day.

Our very first cruise was on Carnival Imagination and this was in the 90s way before the new upgrades. It was only 4 days but we had a BLAST and fell in love with cruising. We actually did the Carnival Glory to Canada this past August. It was the 5 day to Saint John & Halifax. This was a very low key trip as the ship seemed smaller and easier to navigate plus both ports had things to see within walking distance of the ship.

We did not have a bad cruise by any meanson the Glory, but a week before we had gotten married and cruised with family and friends on the Norwegian Jewel which was excitement after excitement. Taking the Glory right after was a great way to relax..... just the two of us.

Hey all...

Next Cruise for me is in July as the ballroom instructor on RCI Enchantment of the Seas - Bermuda/Boston/Newport. Not terribly exciting, but traveling with a friend as my dance partner and another friend is going along for the sailing. Will see family in both Boston and Newport...I'll see a Brother and relatives in each port.

And never been to that "gayest" of ports...Bermuda! Ha! Anyone have any "Gay" suggestions? We'll be in port overnight on a Saturday.

Sailed the Carnival Glory 5 day to Canada last July...had a very good time. So easy....one hour travel time from my front door in Jersey City to the NYC Pier on Public transportation! FOD meetings were a bust though...no one else came [that we saw?]...though met a few Gaysters here and there in passing. Loved the fish and chips up near the top on the Panarama deck...never a line and some unique things there aside from basic fish and chips. Though the MDR food was pretty good...I was not impressed AT ALL with the dining room service. [This was my second time on Carnival and now I remember that the first cruise on Carnival 12 years ago...we had the creepiest waiter! He was kinda like a cross between Uncle Festor from the Addam's Family and Squiggy from Lavern & Shirley!"]

Once the ship got up north however it was pretty breezy and "murky" outside...so laying out on the deck was not much of an option.

HLR

• 2 weeks later...

Our next one is on the Atlantis (Celebrity) Mediterranean trip to Italy, Turkey and the Greek Isles in August. We also have their trip on HAL from Auckland to Sydney booked for Feb 2013. Those are the only 2 cruises currently on the calendar - but I have my sights on Africa in 2013, so open to suggestions from you good folks. Once I have it, I will have set foot on all 7 continents!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

My partner (Tony) and I (Jeff) live here in midtown. We are going on our first cruise together! on July 8 - Celebrity Summit.

Look forward to meeting other nice folks in the city - glad this thread was started!

My partner and i live on staten island- i work in manhattan, he in new jersey.

We usually sail from ny- recently sailed on the Norwegian star.

Sailing on the Caribbean Princess on july 8 out of southampton around the British isles.

Hey all!

Just booked 12 night NCL Spirit...Venice to Bacelona at an amazing price for October 1st! Even with the single supplement the fare for an outside was amazing! Airfare...not so amazing...but....

Howard

• 1 month later...
So where on the island you from? Me and my husband live in Central Islip.....I work in Union Square in NYC

I can't believe I'm only just seeing your post... 5 months later. I need to figure out how to get notifications! Any, my apologies for the delayed response. I live in Coram, near Port Jefferson, but I take the Ronkonkoma line into the city. Which means, we,ve probably been on the same train at some point! I work in midtown near Columbus Circle.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm originally from North Jersey, about 15 miles outside on Manhattan. I moved to south Florida 4 years about and love it down here. Yes even the summers are great, the winters are heaven. The bad part is visiting my family over Christmas back in NJ and getting stranded there by a huge blizzard on occasion.

Hello from Brooklyn! My partner and I learned we love cruises. They are such a relaxing escape.

We weren't going to take one this year, but we finally decided today we're going to go out of Cape Liberty on the Celebrity Summit in September.

We're also going with some friends on the NCL Jewel cruise to nowhere in January. Im hoping we'll do that one again in 2014 to see the new Breakaway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...