Cash on S&S with CC backup?

kellyrnh

Can I put cash on my S&S card, and also give a credit card to use only IF I go over the cash amount?

I don't want to bother having to go down to add the card or get declined if the cash runs out, but would like to not put everything on my card if I don't need to.

Probably the easiest option for you would be to use your card for your onboard account and, at some point during the cruise, pay off a portion or all with cash.

You'll be able to see a running total of your expenditures on your TV using your folio number that's on your Sail & Sign card.

:)

Can I put cash on my S&S card, and also give a credit card to use only IF I go over the cash amount?

I don't want to bother having to go down to add the card or get declined if the cash runs out, but would like to not put everything on my card if I don't need to.

What we do is give them a credit card at check-in and then on the morning of the last day ( to avoid the crowds) we go down and pay off the account with cash.

Probably the easiest option for you would be to use your card for your onboard account and, at some point during the cruise, pay off a portion or all with cash.

You'll be able to see a running total of your expenditures on your TV using your folio number that's on your Sail & Sign card.

That is what we do. We usually go down every couple of days and pay the balance off. ( that way I know how much more I can drink):D.

Thanks! That makes sense - I will do that as well. I thought for some reason it charged it daily or something, but if it is at the end of the cruise that definitely sounds easiest.

Can you tell it has been a long time since my last (and only) cruise and first on Carnival? :)

We give them a credit card when checking in the cruise terminal. Our first stop on the ship is at the Guest Services desk, where we usually put down $400 cash . Anything over that goes onto the credit card they have record of- but we usually get a check back, as we pay off excursions and grats before we go, along with buying drink/soda coupons.

Thanks! That makes sense - I will do that as well. I thought for some reason it charged it daily or something, but if it is at the end of the cruise that definitely sounds easiest.

Can you tell it has been a long time since my last (and only) cruise and first on Carnival? :)

Makes not a lick of differnce! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time!!!

They will ask the c.c. for authorization at the begining of cruise(ex. $500)and if you get close to that number they will ask for another authrorization during the cruise for another$500.

They will ask the c.c. for authorization at the begining of cruise(ex. $500)and if you get close to that number they will ask for another authrorization during the cruise for another$500.

The number that Carnival says they use as an approval is $50...

During embarkation, when your credit card is swiped, an initial approval of $50 is obtained. Then, throughout the voyage incremental holds will be obtained as needed. You should know, this will reduce the amount of available credit on the credit card or restrict the availability of cash in the checking/debit account. Authorization hold releases to your account is entirely up to your issuing bank.

All charges will be automatically billed at the end of the voyage.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-1046701

So, paying off some or all of your balance will release the hold on your card...

If you use the kiosk to check in, you'll only be able to do one form of payment. I added cash to my s&s and was unable to then add a card at the kiosk. Later in the cruise I went to guest services and added my CC when I ran low on cash.

If you check in with a live person (as opposed to the kiosk machine) I'm not sure.

yes we do that for every cruise. we go to guest services desk and give them $200.00 cash to start with and then just keep checking your balance on your tv screen in your cabin. all the ships now have kiosiks that you can use as well.

Archived