Eclipse price drop experience

joyce&bob

I have been on many cruises but never been in a situation where the price has dropped this significantly. The sailing date is close & obviously I'm paid in full.

I booked with a TA. Called them today, Sat. & they are closed till Monday. Can anyone advise how I should handle this. It is close to a $500.00 price drop. I would rather have a OBC - kind of like the room I have - unless I could get a suite.

HELP! Some Advise Needed....

If you are paid in full, then Celebrity will not issue you any OBC. If there is a cabin category that is now less than what you paid you may arrange to switch cabins. It is unfortunate when this happens but one must make a decision whether to book the cabin one wants at a price one found acceptable at the time....or whether to wait until after final payment and search for a possible bargain.

Our 1C category cabin dropped by $200 and, as indicated, the TA and X could not give a refund or additional OBC. However, we were able to upgrade to Concierge Class and I am satisfied that. It is amazing though that on our 3/10 sail date a Concierge guarantee is now $749.

I've heard this before, but I'm hoping someone else will have had a different suggestion.

No harm in asking...

Sorry, I agree with what has been suggested.

Our upcoming cruise never had price drops in our category, but the sky suites came down from over 3K to $2149.

$300 extra (pp) for a S2 for 12 nights? OH YES!!!:D

I am grateful that X allows us to do that!

Celebrity prices and promotions seem to change daily. I booked my January cruise and paid for it on a Sunday night. On Monday morning Celebrity announces a 1 week 300$ OBC promotion... I call to complain and ask for the OBC. They say fine, but the price of your cabin ( AQ ), has increased $400! Never mind.

It's a few months later, I see a promotion on a T/A cruise, 999$ Aqua Class..I think about and go back to book it 2 days later. It's now $1599.

If you are paid in full, then Celebrity will not issue you any OBC. If there is a cabin category that is now less than what you paid you may arrange to switch cabins. It is unfortunate when this happens but one must make a decision whether to book the cabin one wants at a price one found acceptable at the time....or whether to wait until after final payment and search for a possible bargain.

Very nicely articulated.

Judy

Archived