Live from the crashed Grandeur in Costa Maya

I havent put any input on any of these threads, although I have to say I've kept up with all:eek: of them since the beginning. I think I was addicted. I just HAD to make sure the ship made it home safe and sound.(like I could do anything to help) But there she is in all her glory. And now that I know everyone is safe and sound I can relax:) . Welcome all, and everyone enjoy your trip, I wish I was going. Have a foo foo drink for me, or 2 or 3 ... cheers:cool: :) .

I can see The Grandeur coming up the river in the web cam... You're almost back to NO Patricia

I see her too! How sweet!

Now for you folks rattling on about the cruise insurance and who's right and who's wrong. Can it already. Rude, not rude, the time has passed to LET IT GO! :rolleyes:

Welcome back Cathy!

I see her too! How sweet!

Now for you folks rattling on about the cruise insurance and who's right and who's wrong. Can it already. Rude, not rude, the time has passed to LET IT GO! :rolleyes:

Welcome back Cathy!

You're right.

She's coming in.

:) Hurrah!

Thanks Cathy and all the other onboard cruisers for keeping us informed and leting us know that life does continue and can be fun by making lemonade, ( okay throw in little exrtra and an umbrella).

Have a great week back at work

Your contributions to this thread have been absolutely appalling. I'm thrilled for you that you are above any humanly emotion but you have no right whatsoever to ridicule and belittle people who feel differently. :mad:

Reeran just needs a vacation...cut her some slack. :)

Starspangle, Go to the top of the message board, under Royal Caribbean..Laura posted a link for the meet and mingle.....if they can't sign up, just let them know it is Sunday at 1:30pm in the Viking Lounge...look for 100 people with HUGE SMILES on their faces that they are CRUISING GRANDEUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am a very loyal RCL customer. I was not on either the 16th or the 23rd sailing. I do feel however that those on the 23rd sailing, whether or not insurance was purchased, are not being treated fairly buy RCL. Yes, I know what the docs state however, what is right is right. If you do not provide a service purchased, you should get back the money prorated on the number of actual days on the cruise. I just really think RCL has goofed on this one.

Hopefully they will come to their senses and act accordingly.

Tim

We're booked on the GOS for later this summer out of Baltimore-- not real comfortable sailing the Eastern Seaboard w/a damaged bow. Would really like to know the process for sign-off on the work/repairs conducted in Mexico. As most are aware, the East coast has very rough seas- esp off outer banks.. and most notably, recent Dawn/rogue wave. Just curious if anyone knows how/if the US signs off & confirms sea-worthiness/ how it meets code, etc.

PatricKC

The U.S. Coast Guard inspected everything prior to the Grandeur leaving Mexico. I'm sure everything will be inpected again prior to leaving New Orleans. In order to pass inspection the ship must be deemed completely seaworthy. That includes the ability to withstand rough seas, and to perform emergency maneuvers.

The Grandeur is safe.

Charles

For those of you who sanctimoniously state " purchase travel insurance,"...I want you to know THAT I HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH CSA!! There is a limit on how much the insurance will compensate, but it is not so much that I personally have to file insurance claims...it is the rather obnoxious attitude of the cruise line towards those passengers stranded in New Orleans. Plus the lack of any firm direction on what should be done when arriving in a port to find that the ship is not there.

While I have insurance, a lot of people do not. If one takes the chance of suffering for a missed cruise because of one own's mishandling of the trip it is one thing, but why should people be penalized for something that the ship company is responsible for. Let's get real. This is clearly a case of negligence and poor judgement in trying to dock that ship. The passengers on the ship, and those waiting to board should not bear the financial burden of a mistake made by the crew of the Grandeur. If the weather and currents were so bad, then they should have had the good sense not to attempt a docking. The fact that the cruise line has done everything possible to keep this under wraps is a clear indication that they are afraid of the truth and their own responsibility for the accident.

CAC, just read your post and you're absolutely correct. We were on the Grand Princess March 12 sailing and we docked early at Costa Maya. A RCI ship was trying to dock while we were at the beach. The captainn tried every which way for about 30 minutes and then abandon the docking and headed out to sea. That captain used good judgement. This incident was the line's fault. Not mother nature's.

Keep your chin up, don't let the RCI high school cheerleaders get you down.

Your contributions to this thread have been absolutely appalling. I'm thrilled for you that you are above any humanly emotion but you have no right whatsoever to ridicule and belittle people who feel differently. :mad:

But I feel differently and you have the right to ridicule me? It is not above "humanly emotion"(?) to believe that people are responsible for their own actions (ie to purchase insurance or not), that contracts were written on paper for a reason and just because it doesn't go your way everytime you are a victim???

Nice double standard!

Fyi there are many companies who sell cruise/travel insurance and they are not all the same.

You are right princess, I do need a vacation!:D

Now pass me the umbrellie drink!

I am looking for some cheese here to go along with all of your wines!!!!!!!!

If it had been me, delayed but not cancelled!!! I would have been having a party.. in New Orleans or spend a couple days down on the Gulf, not a far drive.. I would not have gone home, waited a few hours and then started complaining on the board.

Your attitude is a bit condescending and not very realistic. For some people, this is the trip of a lifetime. Not everyone has the financial means to spend a couple of extra days partying in New Orleans (and during Jazz Fest yet :eek: ) - and to spend a couple of days on the gulf - how do out-of-towners get there? Rent a car? More expense. What you are describing would easily cost $1,000+.

The very least RCI could do would be to offer to pay hotel expenses to the people on the delayed cruise. Maybe legally they are not obligated, but there are other cruise lines "out there." And people who feel they have been shafted should take their business elsewhere.

Your attitude is a bit condescending and not very realistic. For some people, this is the trip of a lifetime. Not everyone has the financial means to spend a couple of extra days partying in New Orleans (and during Jazz Fest yet :eek: ) - and to spend a couple of days on the gulf - how do out-of-towners get there? Rent a car? More expense. What you are describing would easily cost $1,000+.

The very least RCI could do would be to offer to pay hotel expenses to the people on the delayed cruise. Maybe legally they are not obligated, but there are other cruise lines "out there." And people who feel they have been shafted should take their business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

That's what is so great about this country...we have plenty of choices and we can decide to spend our money anyway we wish...And...if it means a ship without a bunch of winers, I'm all for it!!!:D

Grandeur cruisers, welcome back to NOLA...glad you made it back!!!

But I feel differently and you have the right to ridicule me? It is not above "humanly emotion"(?) to believe that people are responsible for their own actions (ie to purchase insurance or not), that contracts were written on paper for a reason and just because it doesn't go your way everytime you are a victim???

Nice double standard!

Fyi there are many companies who sell cruise/travel insurance and they are not all the same.

You are right princess, I do need a vacation!:D

Now pass me the umbrellie drink!

Reeran, I was scheduled for the 4/23 cruise. I opted for the full refund. SInce I live in the New Orleans area, I did not occur any airline or hotel costs. I was bummed about the cruise and angry about RCL's paltry offer of compensation for those who took the cruise. However, I'm over it.

That said, I found the posts made by FIsherlady48, CruisinMaterial and yourself to be insensitive. The folks on the 4/23 cruise who are stuck for airline and lodging costs are feeling saddened about the shortened cruise and angry about the costs. Instead of some sympathy (or at least choosing not to reply), they got "I told you so" messages from the three of you about travel insurance and the RCL Passenger Contract. Some may have not purchased travel insurance or it may not be comprehensive. They probably know this now without the repeated reminders from the three of you.

I notice that one or two of you have future cruises. As you were posting your messages to those who had been affected, you should have realized that there but for the grace of God go you. You could have had the bad luck of the draw.

Reeran, I was scheduled for the 4/23 cruise. I opted for the full refund. SInce I live in the New Orleans area, I did not occur any airline or hotel costs. I was bummed about the cruise and angry about RCL's paltry offer of compensation for those who took the cruise. However, I'm over it.

That said, I found the posts made by FIsherlady48, CruisinMaterial and yourself to be insensitive. The folks on the 4/23 cruise who are stuck for airline and lodging costs are feeling saddened about the shortened cruise and angry about the costs. Instead of some sympathy (or at least choosing not to reply), they got "I told you so" messages from the three of you about travel insurance and the RCL Passenger Contract. Some may have not purchased travel insurance or it may not be comprehensive. They probably know this now without the repeated reminders from the three of you.

I notice that one or two of you have future cruises. As you were posting your messages to those who had been affected, you should have realized that there but for the grace of God go you. You could have had the bad luck of the draw.

You are missing the point entirely. I am irritated with the attitiudes.

1. It is a shame their cruise was cut short, it would be foolish to say anything else and I am sorry it happened. But, anyone who has cruised multiple times has had some sort of rescheduling or cancellation.
  2. Traveling is not an exact science, nor will it ever be. Things happen, make the best of it and sometimes the "adversity" becomes a great memory.
  3. Royal Caribbean does not owe them anything. Instead of saying wow they gave us $300.00 and didn't have to , they are griping about the present cruisers getting more.
  4. The original thread was started to give everyone news about the ship after the accident. Many of us reading this do not want to hear all the griping. As I said before...preaching to the choir, go call Royal Caribbean and beat their ears.
  5. There are no victims...no one was hurt and the ship did not sink..stop with the drama.
  6. I have two cruises planned in the future and if something would happen that would change them, I would be upset, I would try to work it out but I certainly would not concider myself a victim. and I would plan far enough ahead that if I had to get a rental car or hotel room, I would be able to do that. (Ie... don't go on a 7 day cruise with 50 cents in your pocket.:eek: )
  7. I think a big problem with the world today is that many people think they are owed things and that large companies are obligated to issue huge refunds to keep their business.

Sure are a lot of sensitive people reading this thread.:rolleyes: Everyone seems to be wearing their emotions on their sleeves.

Pretty sad.

Let's all agree to take our adult backbone pills this afternoon, ok?:D

jc

Rccl is being unfair to all the folks getting on the Grandeur right now. They have every right to scream everywhere and anywhere they can. For all of you, I hope that RCCL stops stealing your money to make up for the money lost on the previous cruise! VENT AWAY........and KEEP VENTING!!

Archived