Oceanview Cabin on the Sapphire Princess

Headhoncho

I have carefully chosen E416 on the Sapphire Princess for an Alaskan Cruise in June. I've searched, but cannot find, cabin pictures showing where the bed is located in relation to the window.

If the queen bed is under the window, I'll have the bed separated inro two singles to enable an outside viewing area without kneeling on the bed. If the window is not over the bed, I'll have no problem.

Does anyone know where the window is located in this cabin?

I have carefully chosen E416 on the Sapphire Princess for an Alaskan Cruise in June. I've searched, but cannot find, cabin pictures showing where the bed is located in relation to the window.

If the queen bed is under the window, I'll have the bed separated inro two singles to enable an outside viewing area without kneeling on the bed. If the window is not over the bed, I'll have no problem.

Does anyone know where the window is located in this cabin?

You will have little to no obstruction and your bed will be against the wall.

................. and I take it that the window will be to one side of the bed?

The window is straight ahead; facing you as you enter the door. First come the bed and then closest to the window is the desk on one side and the frig/tv on the opposite side.

The window is straight ahead; facing you as you enter the door. First come the bed and then closest to the window is the desk on one side and the frig/tv on the opposite side.

AAAAh! Now I understand. Many, many thanks for answering my query. You have been very helpful!:)

I had E 405 on Star Princess last month. This was an obstructed ocean view cabin with a little stairway outside the window but able with zoom camera or bionoculars to see the shore without any problem. The bed was against the wall and the window was a straight shot from the door past the bottom of the bed. We often turned the chair to look out the window for one person and the other person sat on the bed and could look out easily. I liked this room very much and being midships up one floor from the promenade deck was absolutely the greatest. For my 4th Princess cruise in a row, I am in category E and loving the thrifty convenient cabin. I chose cabin E410 for the 16 day Bangkok to Beijing cruise coming up. :D

You will have little to no obstruction and your bed will be against the wall.

Are you sure about this. I took all the pictures on the Emerald deck last November (see my website). As far as I can remember all the cabins had the beds either under the window as Queen or against the wall on either side of the window as twin. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Theo

Are you sure about this. I took all the pictures on the Emerald deck last November (see my website). As far as I can remember all the cabins had the beds either under the window as Queen or against the wall on either side of the window as twin. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Theo

The cabin next door to this one has the beds under the window because it's a quad. This one is at the wall since it's a double.

The cabin next door to this one has the beds under the window because it's a quad. This one is at the wall since it's a double.

I haven't sailed in E416 which is a Category E cabin, but I have sailed in E420, E425 and E504 (category FF) - these are all double cabins and the bed is under the window. From my prowling around Emerald deck, I was under the impression that all obstr / semi-obstr OV's on Emerald deck on the Sapphire have the bed under the window.

The 'beds under the window because it's a quad. This one is at the wall since it's a double' is true of other ships such as the Golden and the Grand, but I didn't think it was true for the Sapphire altho' your knowledge is generally better than mine, Pia, so I hate to contradict you.

Has anyone out there actually sailed in E416 on the Sapphire?

As far as I know ALL the cabins in the "200 block" on the Sapphire have the beds under the window. We sailed in E208 and I went to every cabin on disembarkation day to take pictures and remember that a lot of times the curtains were still closed and I had to go to either the left or right side of the bed to open them so to have a clear view of the window. The only exception was E301-302-303 & 304 these being wheelchair accessible rooms.

Now, my memory is not what it used to be so correct me again if I'm wrong because I hate to give out wrong information.

Theo

Edited by Renmar

My niece and I sailed in this exact cabin on the Sapphire. It's a great cabin with absolutely no obstruction at all to your view. Very conveniently located as well.

Hi,

Since you and your niece sailed in E416, perhaps you could clear up any difference of opinion. Where is the bed(s) located in relation to the window?

Hi,

Since you and your niece sailed in E416, perhaps you could clear up any difference of opinion. Where is the bed(s) located in relation to the window?

The beds were under the window . We were set up as twin beds of course and there was a night stand between us. They are not against the long walls that connect cabins.

• 4 weeks later...
The beds were under the window . We were set up as twin beds of course and there was a night stand between us. They are not against the long walls that connect cabins.

After much consternation, my TA finally got my bed configeration changed from a queen to two single beds. Now we won't have to stand on the bed to look out the window.

And.................we're all paid up, excursions booked, and even have our daily activities planned. Now................what am I supposed to do for the next two months?:)

After much consternation, my TA finally got my bed configeration changed from a queen to two single beds. Now we won't have to stand on the bed to look out the window.

And.................we're all paid up, excursions booked, and even have our daily activities planned. Now................what am I supposed to do for the next two months?:)

Don't count on the beds being seperated. You may have to ask your cabin steward to do it when you board. This has happened to us and it is really not a problem. It makes the room seem larger when the beds are seperated.

~Doris~

That's fantastic. We really enjoyed this cabin last May. Very convenient location. No advise as to what to do over the next two months since you have your activities planned. I know, it's painful waiting.:)

That's fantastic. We really enjoyed this cabin last May. Very convenient location. No advise as to what to do over the next two months since you have your activities planned. I know, it's painful waiting.:)

Lol. Many thanks for the info you have given me about the room and the bed configuation in relation to the window. That give me great peace of mind.

I'm my own worst enemy - wanting to know what I'm going to do, when I'm going to do it and how I will accomplish it!:)

We are cruising on the Crown and have been upgraded to an oceanview on emerald cat. DD E412. I noticed that it's above the Crooners lounge how would the noise be in this cabin?

Thanks!

Your view would be something like this E405x.jpg?height=300&width=400 . This picture is of E205 which is on the other side of that big box.

As for the noise I think you would have not too much trouble, there is only the piano player. Unless you retire for the night very early you should be OK.

When you in that cabin would you mind to take a picture to see what the view is from there. It is one of the few pictures I don't have on my website.

Theo

Your view would be something like this E405x.jpg?height=300&width=400 . This picture is of E205 which is on the other side of that big box.

As for the noise I think you would have not too much trouble, there is only the piano player. Unless you retire for the night very early you should be OK.

When you in that cabin would you mind to take a picture to see what the view is from there. It is one of the few pictures I don't have on my website.

Theo

Thank You! I thought their wouldn't be much noise. I don't retire early so no problems there either.

I will be glad to take a picture for you. I am usually picture happy!:D

Theo

Correction; There are pictures on the website of E411 however they are actualy from P&O's Ventura which supposed to be identical, so they say.

Theo

• 11 months later...