Fitness Center

pa-annie

Will be on the Emerald in a few weeks, and I'm trying to find out if the fitness center is open for use on embarkation? What are the normal hours of operation? And .... what is the worse time to try and get on a treadmill or elliptical?

Any feedback would be appreciated ....

Annie

The Princess ships I have been on opened up at 7am. I believed they closed at 10pm. I wish I could get in earlier. I know it's a vacation, but I'm an early riser.

I'm not sure about embarkation day.

Will be on the Emerald in a few weeks, and I'm trying to find out if the fitness center is open for use on embarkation? What are the normal hours of operation? And .... what is the worse time to try and get on a treadmill or elliptical?

Any feedback would be appreciated ....

Annie

Fitness center on embarkation day will not open until some time in the afternoon. I'm thinking after muster. They first need to do their tours and try to sign you up for the paid stuff.

Busiest time is first thing in the morning; 7:00 AM. Depending on the ship there is a 20 or 30 minutes max time for treadmills and ellipticals and around 8:00 AM they are usually accessible. We get there around 7:20, so are in line for the "second seating."

I just opened the Platter newsletter for the Sapphire Princess and assume that all ships operate the same and the fitness area opens up at 6 a.m. This what I remembered for my last Princess cruise on the Island Princess.

The Sapphire Patter says 6:00? :eek:

Just looked at one of the Sapphire Patters posted on another thread and it does say the fitness center opens at 6am. Surprised me because I thought it was 7am. I wonder if this is change? I think it's great because I'm a very early riser.

Just looked at one of the Sapphire Patters posted on another thread and it does say the fitness center opens at 6am. Surprised me because I thought it was 7am. I wonder if this is change? I think it's great because I'm a very early riser.

I'm wondering if it said that every day or if it was just a typo that day? I have never seen them open it that early. In fact, I heard that some ships have gone to 8:00 before allowing use of treadmills, ellipticals, etc..

I just opened the Platter newsletter for the Sapphire Princess and assume that all ships operate the same and the fitness area opens up at 6 a.m. This what I remembered for my last Princess cruise on the Island Princess.

Was just on the Sapphire end of Feb . Fitness center opens at 6. Hardly anyone there at that time. I tried to get there around 6:30 to 7 before i started getting busier.

Archived