Price drops when getting a free upgrade during booking

amyj23

We have a friend that booked during the Leap Year sale. They got a free upgrade to a higher deck. He was asking me about price drops. If he was booking one category, but then got upgraded, what category would he look at for price drops. Let's just say he was booking 7D (yes, I realize that this may not even be a real category), but got bumped up to 8B. If he's watching for price reduction, should he look at 8B or 7D?

First he has to be certain he booked Early Saver. I am not sure if the Leap Year sale could be combined with the Ealy Saver they seemed to be different rates.

2nd he would look for drops in price for the catagory he got. Chances are if he got upgraded those prices for the new cat he is in wil not drop below what he paid.

We booked on the 27th of Feb. and we received the Leap Year sale via email 2 days after. I called to get a credit and was told I'd have to change the booking from Early Saver at $479.00 to Leap Year sale that was $629.00. So I'd pay $150.00 more just to get $30.00 in on board credit.

When originally booking I chose a cabin so I'd have a cabin next to family members....not interested in changing cabins so I stuck with Early Saver rate.

We have a friend that booked during the Leap Year sale. They got a free upgrade to a higher deck. He was asking me about price drops. If he was booking one category, but then got upgraded, what category would he look at for price drops. Let's just say he was booking 7D (yes, I realize that this may not even be a real category), but got bumped up to 8B. If he's watching for price reduction, should he look at 8B or 7D?

they will only get price drops up until final payment date. After that no. They can ask to get upgraded though if a higher category than they are in drops below what they paid, but no OBC.

They would now be looking at the 8B .. the category they are actually in.

Archived