ES - can I price match to More = Merrier sale?

okwriter

I'm booked in a party of 4 in a cove balcony on the Magic 4/22. We are booked Early Saver and have managed to snag 3 or 4 price drops already. The More = Merrier sale price is now even less than our current rate. I sent in the form not knowing for sure, but has anyone else had any luck with getting those approved since the terms for the sale price are "new bookings" only. Still, it *is* a lower advertised fare and not a "pack and go" price. :confused:

Thanks!

:)

My P2P said that I could, because it specified a category. (The Pack and Go was not eligible because it did not.) I submitted this morning. Glad I did, because the rate went up tonight!

I hope that's right! I book through a PVP but didn't call him because he is sometimes hard to reach and I wanted to send it in as soon as I saw it. The price I am matching to hasn't gone back up yet, but I'll be surprised if it stays this low much longer. :D

I filled out a form for an OBC for the more=merrier rate and I just received an email that it was approved! We are up to $120 OBC...heck I had no idea what the potentials were for the cabins dropping so much. I was so happy to receive $10 OBC when I saw a tiny drop..now I'm floored that we have $120!! I guess it never hurts to try for any of the special rates, all they can say is no!

I filled out a form for an OBC for the more=merrier rate and I just received an email that it was approved! We are up to $120 OBC...heck I had no idea what the potentials were for the cabins dropping so much. I was so happy to receive $10 OBC when I saw a tiny drop..now I'm floored that we have $120!! I guess it never hurts to try for any of the special rates, all they can say is no!

CONGRATS! I got mine approved, too! I never dreamed a "sale" would actually mean lower prices than Early Saver...but I will take it!

There are four of us in a cove balcony aboard the Magic in April, and we up to $389 OBC now. Technically, $100 of that was from a Future Cruise Certificate/Voucher, so we've only nabbed $289 in price drops. But heck, that is great by me! :D Prices edged back up today for balcony cabins, but I'm going to keep watching!

I submitted an ES price drop on Saturday and still have not heard. I put in the total price (incl. taxes). Was that not right?

I submitted mine Friday and didn't hear back until today. For me, it's been about 4 days to hear back on each one of them.

Thanks for the answer - now what? Should I leave it alone or resubmit?

Just resubmit. The worst thing that will happen is they will say that your price is already matched/the lowest available.

I submitted mine Friday and didn't hear back until today. For me, it's been about 4 days to hear back on each one of them.

What do they do when the cruise fare drops but the taxes go up in price?

I'm digging the price drops but don't quite understand it yet.

That stinks but it does happen. You need to really look at how much your total is to know for sure if you want to take the price drop. A few of ours were for $10 per person but ended up being more like $8 because those fees fluctuated. Still, we came out ahead by taking the price drop. :)

They apply the price drop or OBC taking into account the increase in taxes. There have been many that put in for eg a 50.00 price drop but the taxes went up 40.00 so they only got a 10.00 OBC.

Thought I'd update because there was a little snafu that people should watch for.

They applied the ES price drop as a form of OBC but inadverdently deleted my FCC $100 OBC. They corrected this after a phone call to the 1-800 number.

Archived