Would you upgrade from a promenade room to balcony?

This is a 4 night cruise. I would NOT spend $200 to upgrade to a balcony. (On a 7 day, yes, I would!)

I would upgrade to the OV for $20 or stick with the Promenade, and use the $100pp to reserve my next cruise.

Okay, so I called and it would be $100 more/pp for a guarantee balcony room. I am nervous about booking a guarantee to be honest. I've never cruised before so I am not sure how the motion of the ocean (lol) will affect me. My point being is that right now we have a centrally located room on a lower level.

If you book a guarantee room, when do you find out what room you are assigned to?

And would you still do it for $200 extra on a guarantee room?

And would you still do it for $200 extra on a guarantee room?

Not on a 4 night cruise, personally. Guess you got to decide how much time you plan on using the balcony during that time and if its worth it to you.

I personally would keep the PR cabin and use that money elsewhere.

The balcony lovers will strongly disagree Im sure and thats ok too. I spend a total of about 6 - 7 hour a day in my cabin. A balcony is just not something I can justify the extra expense on my trips. If you can upgrade to OV for 20.00 per person by all means I would do that!

I would upgrade for $100 pp. Just remember, you get hooked very quickly on having these balconies. $100 pp means $25 per day per person. I would definitely say that the ability to sit outside first thing in the morning and last thing at night is well worth $25. I have done balcony guarantees. When you are assigned a cabin is anyone's guess. I booked a guarantee a few times. Once I was assigned a cabin 2 days after putting down my deposit. Another time I was assigned a cabin a few weeks later. Some people say that they have not received an assignment until just before the sailing. remember, if you are not happy with your cabin assignment you can change it to any cabin within that category. For example: if you sign up for a balcony guarantee and you get assigned an E2 cabin and its not desirable you can call RCCL and ask if you can switch to a more desirable location. My recommendation would be (and I have done it) to get your assignment, check out the location on the deck map and see what cabins are still available (by doing a mock reservation) and then calling and requesting that cabin you want. I would definitely do the upgrade if money is not an issue.

it is such a personal choice. We have not cruised extensively - only 3 other cruises since 1987 but we do enjoy the smell of the ocean and seeing the ocean.

Others speak about cruising more often, 2 or more times a year by taking less for cabins. When we had balcony cabins, we spent more time in the room than when we had 4 of us in one ov room way forward. Our next cruise is in GS and we intend on spending a lot of time on the balcony.

Cruising is NOT our only vacation style so taking a cruise every couple of years is okay as we will still do our land vacations, go to Mexico and timeshare, roadtrips, etc.

Look at your vacation style, determine how YOU want to spend your vacation dollars for this trip and in the future.

Archived