Would you upgrade from a promenade room to balcony?

On the Liberty? I just noticed a price drop for our cruise and it's $100/pp for a balcony than what I paid for PR room on 6th floor. Would you pay the extra $$ to upgrade if you could?

What about from a promenade room to an oceanview room? The price drop difference between those two would only be $10/pp.

Yes..I would move quickly to do this upgrade..This is to me a small price to pay for the difference..I would much rather have the balcony to enjoy rather than a window overlooking basically a shopping mall. Go for the gusto ...Enjoy you won't regret it..you might if you don't knowing you could have :D

Not sure if you are on a 7 day on the Liberty? I would bump up for $100.00 per person. In the whole scheme of things, the cruise cost bucks anyway. What is another $200.00?

The Promanade rooms look awesome but I would only go with it if it was the best choice.

Yes..I would move quickly to do this upgrade..This is to me a small price to pay for the difference..I would much rather have the balcony & ocean to enjoy rather than a window overlooking basically a shopping mall...Enjoy you won't regret it :D

Absolutely go for the balcony! You will not regret it :)

###

Ditto, go for the balcony! Less than $15 p.p. a day for an ocean view, fresh air, more square footage, and a balcony to enjoy breakfast on. I'd even prefer an Oceanview stateroom over a Promenade location. Regarding the delay /updating issue, I'd call back and see what another rep tells you. Have you checked the website?

Ditto, go for the balcony! Less than $15 p.p. a day for an ocean view, fresh air, and a balcony to enjoy breakfast on. I'd even prefer an Oceanview stateroom over a Promenade location. Regarding the delay /updating issue, I'd call back and see what another rep tells you. Have you checked the website?

Yeah, I keep getting an error message as well.

We have a pretty good room on the promenade (I think anyway). 6275. It's only a four night cruise.

I was basing the amount on a seven day cruise, sorry. If the budget allows and you want to experience a balcony...otherwise figure you can do a lot with $200 on a four day cruise.

I was basing the amount on a seven day cruise, sorry. If the budget allows and you want to experience a balcony...otherwise figure you can do a lot with $200 on a four day cruise.

Yeah, I will definitely think about it. A balcony sound appealing that's for sure.

One of my most favorite things to do on a cruise is to peer over my balcony at the waves crashing against the side of the ship....that, IMO, far outweighs a view of people shopping. If the extra $$ isn't a strain...then definitely upgrade!!

I've enjoyed several afternoon naps on the balcony. So that's a plus for me. But it is only four days. I think I'd go. Balcony, Promanade, then Ocean View. But that's if the prices are comparable. What you can do with the savings of going for a less expensive category is up to you.

Well, I'm going to give a slightly different opinion. To the person who asked the question about if they should upgrade to a balcony or not...it is a matter of opinion, and what you like, and how it fits your personality and lifestyle.

We've cruised over 30 times now, and leave again next week on the Explorer. We've been in Owner Suites, Grand Suites, Junior Suites, all levels of balconies, Oceanview with just a window, and most recently, an inside cabin.

Don't get me wrong, we did love the balcony, having breakfast outside, just relaxing late at night, and being able to leave the balcony door open while sleeping. And those big suites were just sensational.

However, after trying the inside cabin, we have come to like them just as much. Since most people are not in the room that often, we have not missed the balcony, we sleep much better with the darkness, and yes, can cruise twice a year, instead of once when normally the balcony is about double the price of an inside cabin. Next week we will be in a promenade room.

So, I am not saying either way what you should or should not do. I'm just saying it's a personal preference and when others say jump on it, etc, that is fine, but unless you're going to hibernate in the room, will the balcony make that much of a difference for the few minutes a day you might use it, along with any additional cost?

Good Luck

first, it is saturday night so the computers at RCI have gone out for the evening....hence the technical issues..

for 10 bucks on a 4 nighter, i would take the OV...but for 100 bucks on a 4 nighter for a balc? probably not...if it was a 7 nighter, yes......

again, JMO......

Get the balcony if you can, but just understand how difficult it is to go back to normal rooms after having a balcony. Could be costly in the future ;)

This is a fact... I couldn't go back to oceanview!! I only book a cruise based on us being able to afford a balcony.

One of my most favorite things to do on a cruise is to peer over my balcony at the waves crashing against the side of the ship....that, IMO, far outweighs a view of people shopping. If the extra $$ isn't a strain...then definitely upgrade!!

Exactly what my favorite thing to do... In the morning and evenings... I have no desire to overlook shopping or a central park... I want to look at the ocean and enjoy the peace of the waves.

My last 2 cruises I enjoyed being in a PR room very much. Next cruise I have sprung for the cheapest balcony room for a B2B. In future though I would sooner be on board a ship than not and will book inside rooms. As I had the curtains closed in the PR when I wasn't people watching I won't miss the window. I would sooner have the $$ for spending on board / excursions / souvenirs.

We were in the same position last month on our Liberty cruise. I paid a total of $200 more to move from a promenade to a balcony and it was great ... our first balcony, and we thoroughly enjoyed it and felt we got a good deal.

But it didn't spoil us for life. We were back in "steerage" in an inside cabin on the next sailing and had a fine time (take that, noro!).

In the future we will always consider a balcony. It makes for a different experience when you have that little private spot to sit and read, or stand and watch the sun rise or set. It's really neat to be able to roll over and pull the curtain, and there's the ocean waving at you.

But it will have to be another bargain. I can't see paying twice as much as the cost of an inside.

In an inside you tend to be out and about more. There are always nice places to sit and read. I'd rather cruise more often; the balcony is a nice perk but certainly not required for us to have a great time.

Archived