Family of Six - Whats The Best Cabin Set Up To Book?

With all the new RCCL schedules being released next week for the IOS and AOS from Southampton, can you recommend the best set up for a family of 6 please. Me and hubby, my daughter and son in law and our two grandchildren aged 8 & 4.

Ideally we would love to have a balcony to chill out and relax on when the kids go to bed so if there is such a set up as a family inside/OV connecting to a balcony cabin that could work for us but does this even exist??.

We would love to book the royal suite or the owners suite but dont think finances will allow :(

Can anyone offer any advice on the best set up for us please?

Angie X

With all the new RCCL schedules being released next week for the IOS and AOS from Southampton, can you recommend the best set up for a family of 6 please. Me and hubby, my daughter and son in law and our two grandchildren aged 8 & 4.

Ideally we would love to have a balcony to chill out and relax on when the kids go to bed so if there is such a set up as a family inside/OV connecting to a balcony cabin that could work for us but does this even exist??.

We would love to book the royal suite or the owners suite but dont think finances will allow :(

Can anyone offer any advice on the best set up for us please?

Angie X

Your best set up might be the oceanview-balcony connecting room set-up. There are 2 such availabilities on the IOS. On deck 9 forward port side, #9518 (Large Oceanview) connects to #9520 (Superior Balcony), either of which can hold up to 4 guests. Room #s 9218 & 9220 (forward starboard) do the same.

IOS has a balcony/inside set-up at the rear of the ship on both sides. We booked these on Freedom for Thanksgiving 2 years ago and our friends booked the other side

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1329680

I'm not positive either holds 4 guests tho. But the set-up is great w/kids and to save $$ because you only have 1 balcony

You can book a balcony with an OV across the hall. Not sure how old your kids are, so I am not sure if this will work for you.

RCL will require an adult to be on the reservation in each cabin, but nobody will check to see where you actualy sleep at night.

If your kids are younger, you may prefer 2 connecting side by side rooms. Having them across the hall will allow for more "adult enjoyment" after the kids have gone to bed.

Do investigate the cost of a Royal Family Suite, as the third, fourth, etc. passenger in the room are usually charged much less than the first two.

Every cruise is different of course, but we paid less than $400 a third person in a RFS on our upcoming 15 night Mariner of the Seas cruise.

We usually get it without balcony, but sounds like that would work for you. You have bunk beds, a pull out couch, and a twins put together. It works for our family of 5, but the kids are up later then us these days, so we don't need the balcony for adult time (glass of wine and talking) like we have in past years. Now we just try to get them to quiet down so we can get some sleep:D

They book early, so don't wait.

We usually get it without balcony, but sounds like that would work for you. You have bunk beds, a pull out couch, and a twins put together. It works for our family of 5, but the kids are up later then us these days, so we don't need the balcony for adult time (glass of wine and talking) like we have in past years. Now we just try to get them to quiet down so we can get some sleep:D

They book early, so don't wait.

How many baths though? 4 adults with one bath is tight. The 2 cabin set up works better because you have 2 baths for getting ready for dinner time. Some of the family cabins do have 2 ; I saw one on Jewel last week, but some do not and work better for 2 adults and multiple children.

The Royal Family Suite sleeps up to 8, and has two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

How many baths though? 4 adults with one bath is tight. The 2 cabin set up works better because you have 2 baths for getting ready for dinner time. Some of the family cabins do have 2 ; I saw one on Jewel last week, but some do not and work better for 2 adults and multiple children.

Go for a Royal Family suite; but NOT on Deck 8 on a Freedom-class ship.

2 bedrooms

2 bathrooms

3 closets

3 televisions

3 minifridges

large balcony (on Deck 8 the balcony is open to dirty water from window-washers)

access to the suite concierge lounge

VERY quiet

Archived