Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Faith am I right in thinking that you did not have to go to the actual lifeboat station for the muster drill sailing on the Liberty for the first time next month have been on The Independence a few times and on each occasion the muster drill took place at the actual lifeboat station.Great review and great pictures

We were pretty hungry, so we decided to take a drive around time and find a place for lunch. It was a pretty cool and breezy day. We drove along the Beach Blvd for a while. B Ocean hotel is right on the corner, down the street from the Gallery One.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

I heard about Coconuts from Tripadvisor.com and here on the Florida Departures board, so we decided to find it with our GPS. What a great restaurant! They had free valet parking.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Great review Chrystal, love the pictures so far, and there is nothing better than a review with pictures!!!

I think every town in Florida has a Coconuts! LOL theres a great on in Coco Beach

We made our way to the Royal Promenade on Deck 5. I loved being on deck 8, which I chose since we could walk down three quick flights to the Promenade, or up three to the Windjammer and pool deck when the elevators got congested. Perfect location.

On our way, I noticed the nifty touch screen that showed you how to get around the ship. They were placed all around the ship, on each deck. These came in handy for us since we had an inside room in an interior corridor of the ship. It normally takes me about two days to get the hang of where everything is on the ship…but we only had 4 days on the Liberty! It was nice to have this as a guide.

Loving your review so far!! I am on Liberty with my dh april 9th, and this is getting me sooo excited! I love the new screens to help you find your way around...I was wondering what these were like, so thank you so much for all the pics and detail!

I was so curious about those myself before sailing, I figured someone out there would want to see them too! I'm glad you're enjoying the review. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We are on the Liberty in September and this just adds to the excitement.

My pleasure! Have a fantastic cruise! Hopefully this will help the time go by faster :cool:

Chrystal, Thanks so much for the AMAZING review! Your pictures are fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest.

Thank you! Writing is so much fun to me, I'm happy to share our trip with you awesome CC folks :)

Love your reviews. So glad you are sharing your Liberty experience. I can't wait for our Thanksgiving cruise on her.

Thank you! What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving! I would like to sail during a holiday one day, perhaps Christmas. My husband's family's biggest holiday is Thanksgiving. They all have amazing singing voices, and they have a whole jam/Gospel singing session every Thanksgiving, with a keyboard and everything for hours. Plenty of food is involved as well. It's beautiful, family comes in from NY, NJ, PA, and MD for the occasion. I say all that to say I'll likely never sail during Thanksgiving. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm loving the review! That red maxi dress was fierce, girl! ;) I do girl cruises too. I think our group of girls would get along famously! I live in NJ too, Chrystal. Maybe we can get together sometime and talk cruise talk. :D

Thank you so much! That sounds great! Email me at hostfaith@cruisecritic.com so we can chat a bit ;)

Wow! Loving your review to pieces! I need to be invited to the next girlfriend cruise- you guys know how to vacation!

Haha! Thank you! I think this was the best trip we've ever taken as friends. I'll be sure to announce our next cruise, maybe we can coordinate! :D

OMG, Faith! The increase is killing me! I take the NJTPK every day to work and now get up earlier so I can get on it before 7 am so I pay off peak prices! It's horrible!

Oh wow, you poor thing! I can't imagine having to do that every day! No wonder you cruise often, it must be to escape the madness that is New Jersey, LOL :rolleyes::);)

Really enjoying your posts. We will be on her in just a few short days. Thought we would be escaping the cold but today it is 75!

Thank you! You're so lucky to be sailing her so soon! I can't believe the weather here in NJ either, it's about like Wisconsin. This is one of the first winters in years with no snow:eek:. At least we got to come back to nice weather.

Enjoy reading your post...............glad you had a wonderful time............
Thank you so much! We truly did have a great time.

I am loving this review, & the pictures are so nice! I want that camera! lol :D

LOL! Love the camera. I was looking for something that would allow me to take great pictures in low light, without a flash. I like taking pics of food, and didn't want to bother people with the flash in the main dining room and in restaurants. It worked really well. Here's the one I got, I bought it in hot pink. :)

Faith am I right in thinking that you did not have to go to the actual lifeboat station for the muster drill sailing on the Liberty for the first time next month have been on The Independence a few times and on each occasion the muster drill took place at the actual lifeboat station.Great review and great pictures

Hi there! Yes, this was the second time I didn't go to the actual lifeboat station. On the Serenade in 2010, we went to the Schooner Bar for the muster drill.

Great review Chrystal, love the pictures so far, and there is nothing better than a review with pictures!!!

I think every town in Florida has a Coconuts! LOL theres a great on in Coco Beach

Thank you! Sounds like I have a lot of exploring to do in Florida! :D

Great review so far!! We were on her in October and did a Med cruise before she came here. Thanks for the great review!!

My pleasure! The Liberty in the Med must have been beautiful. Thank you for reading.

I see you had the Conch Fritters in Lauderdale. There is a great spot down on Card Sound Road, Alabama Jacks. They have awesome Conch fritters there. Its a little water side haunt south of Miami.

Anyway. What a great review so far. Hope you had a great time. I will be doing the same in May when we get back from out TA.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Add me to the list of upcoming FOS cruisers who are thoroughly enjoying your review and pics while anticipating our own sail dates. Cruising with friends it the BEST. Great job so far, Chrystal! Really looking forward to the rest :)

Loving your review and pictures - I keep checking back for more!

I am originally from NJ living in SC now - I use to travel the turnpike EVERYDAY for an hour - but I do miss NJ!

We are leaving on Liberty April 9th - this will be our 3rd. RC cruise.

I see you had the Conch Fritters in Lauderdale. There is a great spot down on Card Sound Road, Alabama Jacks. They have awesome Conch fritters there. Its a little water side haunt south of Miami.

Anyway. What a great review so far. Hope you had a great time. I will be doing the same in May when we get back from out TA.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks for the tip! We're thinking of doing a girls' trip in Miami next year, so I'll keep Alabama Jacks in mind. Enjoy your TA, we hope to do one (or a bunch) of those someday. :)

Ahh, I had a bit of catching up to do, but it's all good now. ;) Great review, tons of pictures (which I love!). It's building up the excitement for the FOTS next month! :D

LOL! Thank you! Have fun on the Freedom, I'm sure you'll have an awesome cruise. :cool:

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It was nice to come home, chill and read this after a long day at work....not to mention I'm sailing on Liberty next Thursday :cool: Looking forward to the next installment!

Seriously considering getting a camera like yours...I have an olympus, and low light pics are awful!! How does it do with motion?

It was pretty good with motion. I tried taking shots while I was in the car in Cozumel, and got a couple nice pics. I'll post some when I get to that day so you can get an idea of what they were like. Halfway through the cruise, my pics were so good that Crystal gave up and just asked me to send her my Photobucket album instead of taking her own. It's a fantastic camera, fits nicely into my pocket. Couldn't ask for a better one at this point.

I always enjoy reading your reviews, Faith. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

It's always a pleasure to share my reviews, thank you so much for reading along with me!

I am so excited just reading this and looking at all your beautiful pics. I will be on the LOS in Sept and can't get enough of looking at pictures of this gorgeous ship.

Thank you for posting this.

Celia:D

Thank you Celia! Enjoy your cruise in September!

Loving your review and pictures - I keep checking back for more!

I am originally from NJ living in SC now - I use to travel the turnpike EVERYDAY for an hour - but I do miss NJ!

We are leaving on Liberty April 9th - this will be our 3rd. RC cruise.

Thank you! I'm about to start writing again :D. How's it in SC? What do you miss the most about NJ?

Enjoy the Liberty, it's a fantastic ship.

A couple more shots of sailaway:

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

As I was leaving Deck 4, I noticed a couple admiring the beautiful view. They asked me to take a pic of them and I happily obliged. They were so giddy and happy. I love seeing couples cruising, it's such a great way to travel together and enjoy some really beautiful moments.

After that, I joined my friends for a nap in our cabin. Our beds weren't ready yet, so Crystal and Rae napped on the bed, and I came in to nap a little on the couch in the room. No big deal. Once we woke up, we unpacked and freshened up a bit for the evening. We had lots to do! :D

Some notes about our cabin. We had an inside cabin for the three of us. A lot of people tend to ask whether sharing an inside for 3 is too cramped. For us, it worked well. Here were some pointers:

1. We each tried to limit the amount of clothes we packed. Rae and I brought just one carryon. Crystal had one medium-sized suitcase. We each used about 5 hangers in the closet (doubling up on dresses hanging from them), one shelf each, and two dresser drawers each. Everything fit fine, even with all our shoes.

2. We unpacked everything we could immediately, and stored our suitcases under the beds. This made for more space. You'll see that once the beds are separated, the room felt much more spacious.

3. I brought a Scentportables air freshener from Bath and Body Works (Coconut Leaves), and a concentrated fragrance mist (Coconut Water) as well. Kept the room smelling fresh all the time.

4. I showered in the gym/spa area once in a while to free up time in the bathroom for the other girls. The stalls in there were larger anyway, and I got the chance to enjoy the steam room a couple times. A win-win.

5. When all of us showered in the room, we would shower, wash our faces, etc, then finish hair and makeup at the vanity instead of in the bathroom. This allowed the next person to get into the shower quickly.

I think three in a room is fine and works well...as long as you are all generally upbeat, optimistic, and willing to compromise. You kind of have to take a look at who you're sailing with and really be honest about whether you can get along with them in such a small space. We were laughing and joking so much as we got ready each day that it never felt like we were packed like sardines.

It was about 8:15 when we emerged from our cabin. We had late dining, and this worked nicely for us.

Before our sailing, I sent a nice email to RCLDining@rccl.com to request a table for just the three of us, and by a window. We were confirmed for our table within about 3 business days. I was excited to see where we would be sitting. We had table 351, on Deck 3, right next to a large window.

IMG_0362.jpg

A lot of people say you can't see anything outside if you dine late and by the window, but I actually was able to see the moon reflecting on the ocean a couple nights, as well as the water frothing up as the ship passed through the ocean. It was worth it to me to ask.

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg