Anybody on (or just off) W. Caribbean route?

rob12782

Just was curious if anyone can report back the weather and sea conditions for the western caribbean itinerary. Anybody currently on board or just off last week? We're leaving the on the Solstice on the 18th and can't wait! Just hoping we can make all the ports and the seas are nice and calm. Any info would be appreciated!

Rob, just come up to Deck 14 to Lawn Club & Sunset Bar after muster drill. I have nametage for you & Veronica......and I suspect our group will be easy to spot.

I did check long range weather (Accuweather) last night and although it may be breezy (they didn't say "windy") Sunday night and Monday....it should be clear and nice. Weather in GC (tuesday) is currently stated as "83, sunny & wonderful" ....so we are getting off to a great start. I don't trust weather dudes much further out that that....but the long range forecast for our ports only quoted possible rain the day we are in Roatan. I suspect at least one day will be wrong:o

See you Sunday.....

We were on the Solstice the 4th thru the 11th and had 3 nights of some pretty rough seas. Didn't bother us, but some folks were a little green around the gills. Of 11 cruises in the Caribbean, this was our second most rough cruise. Weather was great, though, lots of sun.

Carole

just bck from 11 night on Eq. lots of rough seas. canceled Senior officers cocktail party as they were all needed on the bridge. other things also canceled. capt. made an announcemtnt advising of upcoming rough weather, requested women not wear high heels, seriously.

I agree with previous comments. I was on Solstice from the 4th to the 11th and as someone else mentioned, this was my second "worst" cruise from the weather aspect. I had the family room stateroom, so we were positioned all the way to the front of the ship. I have to admit that we were all using Meclizine every night besides the very last day of the cruise. It didn't stop us from having a great time, but the seas were rough...

It's funny, but my other "bad" cruise was also on a Western Caribbean itinerary... That one, the seas were rough and it pretty much rained the whole week!

just bck from 11 night on Eq. lots of rough seas. canceled Senior officers cocktail party as they were all needed on the bridge. other things also canceled. capt. made an announcemtnt advising of upcoming rough weather, requested women not wear high heels, seriously.

We were on this cruise also. The Senior Officers Cocktail Party was postponed, not cancelled. It was held two nights later. The ship did a minor diversion to avoid the worst of the 14-15 ft swells caused by a low pressure system. It was a good night for staying "home" and taking the pills.

Some of the outrageous high heels I noticed during the cruise should not be worn even on calm days. Just my opinion, of course.

We were on the Solstice the 4th thru the 11th and had 3 nights of some pretty rough seas. Didn't bother us, but some folks were a little green around the gills. Of 11 cruises in the Caribbean, this was our second most rough cruise. Weather was great, though, lots of sun.

Carole

We were on the 4th March also. The comments are spot on. We did have some 'movement' and the captain did not seem great at giving out accurate info about weather and sea state. Luckily, we have had much worse in the med and bay of bis cay, so did not bother us. Mind you, the captain was not bad at his singing and guitar playing :-)

I just noticed that the itinerary on our cruise on the freedom was the opposite from the Solstice - may be why we did not experience the rough seas of then previous posters. Also,the captain took a different route to our first port to avoid rough seas the first night. so I guess it's just the luck of the draw and one never knows!

Archived