Cheaper to book on ship?

trippingpara

Even though we haven't even been on our first cruise yet, we are looking to book our next cruise for my wife's birthday. My question is; I've heard that you can get better deals if you book your next cruise on ship. Is that true? Is it cheaper than ESF?

It's good to book on the ship. You get the same price as you would online, you get to instantly use a future cruise certificate and you get 2 "Friends & Family" certificates to give to friends or family who book the same cruise as you.

Even though we haven't even been on our first cruise yet, we are looking to book our next cruise for my wife's birthday. My question is; I've heard that you can get better deals if you book your next cruise on ship. Is that true? Is it cheaper than ESF?

No discount.

You can buy a FCC and bring it home to book or book onboard .. same price.

I'm sorry, complete newbie here. What's T.A.?

Travel Agent .. and no clue why someone is pumping TAs. In the context of the question. the reply doesnt fit.

The OP is asking if you book onboard if you get a discount .. nothing to do with TAs. Maybe the person who replied didnt understand the question.

No discount.

You can buy a FCC and bring it home to book or book onboard .. same price.

The 2 friends and family certificates that they give you when booking onboard are a huge advantage if you plan on cruising with others.

The 2 friends and family certificates that they give you when booking onboard are a huge advantage if you plan on cruising with others.

I was replying to the OPs question .. is there a discount .. if you know me I could have gone on about other things that the OP might also have wanted to know.

no discount. I thought that was the question.

OP here is a link that explains FCCs that might help.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Thanks guys! Man, there's more acronyms here than in the Marine Corps! So, since we don't plan on sailing with anyone else, the only real benefit would be the onboard credit. Reading the link (thanks firefly!), it states that this not available on Victory which, of course, is the ship that we will be on! Does anybody have any idea why its not offered there?

Archived