Canada Place pier to Vancouver airport

honeyb2

Could someone please clarify for me the details of ARRIVING at Canada Place via Canada Line for embarkation..... once we get off the train where do we go? How far is this to walk? Thanks..

get off Canada Line Skytrain at the last station "WATERFRONT". Don't follow the people down the long tunnel (or the instructions for how to get out of the station complex from the previous poster), but instead exit right on the platform using the exit marked "WAY OUT - Granville Street". From there, it's a one block walk on W.Hastings toward Howe Street, and two blocks slightly downhill on Howe. The advantages are a slight shorter, and downhill walk (vs longer and uphill)

This is the exit you want, right on the platform at Waterfront: https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371855348978723922

Here's the view from that exit toward Canada Place (note the ship in the background): https://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#5371860022220047170

Thank you both for your help. I'm glad it is a downward slope and close.

I am so grateful to everyone who has posted information on CC. I've learned so much.

It's only downhill if you get off using the elevator to Granville St straight from the platform. If you choose to exit into the Waterfront station complex, not only do you end up walking about a block more (despite what the above poster says), it's also an uphill walk from the Waterfront station complex to Canada Place.

Whatever you're happy with.

Thank you both for your help. I'm glad it is a downward slope and close.

I am so grateful to everyone who has posted information on CC. I've learned so much.

Glad to be of help. Please enjoy your cruise and our city, I am sure that you will have a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, thank you.:):)

The walk off groups are the first off the ship - you should be off and through customs by 8:15am at the latest if you choose this option. However, you do need to be able to handle all of your luggage yourself. If you choose NOT to do walk off, then make sure you request Light Blue 1 luggage tags. This group is the first independent group allowed off the ship after the Princess early flight transfers. They are usually called off between 8:15am and 8:30am so you "should" make the 9am Quick Shuttle as long as all your bags are on the floor and easy to find.....

• 2 years later...

We just used the Canada Line from Vancouver cruise port at Canada Place and it was easy! As you disembark work your way up to the street. At the crosswalk go up one block on Howe Street to Cordova. Look to your left and you'll see Waterfront Station about 50 feet to your left. There were lots of people around to ask for directions, if you're unsure.

The ticket machines are just inside. Be sure to take the line to the airport, as there are two lines to choose from.

Edited by teachkeegan

• 4 months later...
Absolutely, the subway (Skytrain). Exit Canada Place, walk one block ahead on Howe, turn left, two blocks along Cordova St and into "WATERFRONT STATION" on your left (don't take the escalators you pass right by canada place, they go to the wrong tracks). At Waterfront Station, buy 2-zone transit tickets ($3.75/ea) from the ticket machines (they take C$, credit and debit), and follow the signs to Canada Line platforms. On the platform just get on any train marked "YVR AIRPORT" (every other train), and you'll be there in 24 minutes. At the airport, the station is on top of the car park, directly opposite US Departures. There are elevators at the station (along with stairs and escalators) and the trains are roll-on roll off with your luggage

This map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212770407613531027445.000467645fcda21dd87b2&msa=0&ll=49.285975,-123.110765&spn=0.005858,0.016512 should help, along with these photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/vancouvercruise/CanadaLineYVRToCanadaPlaceWaterfrontStation#

Hi there, just wanted to express our thanks for the brilliant information provided by you. We printed the information given & followed it to the letter, we were at the airport within 30 mins & it was stress free...👍👍👍😀

cheers

Andrea